Chapter 4

"Wait!!... Please don't leave!..."

He looked around on the surface trying to see the merman, but he saw nothing...
With a mix of sadness and angriness on his face, Bakugou turned and walked back in his room. He fell on his bed and just stared at the roof, letting a tide of thoughts invade him.
Since he was drained from the day, he fell asleep not too much time after.

*The next morning*

"COME ON EVERYONE!! GET YOUR ASSES OUT OF BED!! IT'S TIME TO WORK!!"
It was 6 a.m, and Kirishima was already yelling at everyone to wake up and start to work, as if the night before no one did anything.
A lot of people on the ship had a strong headache, some were even laying on the ground trying to open the eyes and get on their feet.

Bakugou was already up. He was pissed, more than usual, his gaze was motionless on the waves of the sea, that were crashing undaunted on the side of the ship.
He was thinking about what he saw the night before:
-Was he even real?... What if it were a hallucination?... No no no, I was tired but I'm not crazy, I know what I saw, and that was a merman for sure!...-
His thoughts were interrupted by Kirishima's voice:
"Hey bakubro! What are the orders?!"
Bakugou snapped back to reality and turned to face his crew still half asleep:
"Isn't it obvious?! Prepare the ship to set sail herd of incompetents!!"
Once heard those words everyone started running to their places cheering, some faster, some slower. Katsuki brought his gaze back to the sea once more, sighted, and then started walking towards the ship's rudder.

Once they sailed, they setted up turns to rest.
Three of the crew went to Bakugou:
"Where are we heading captain?"
Katsuki turned his head to see who was talking to him: it was Kirishima, Mina and Sero.
He then  answered: "France" and turned back around
"FRANCE?!" the three said in unison
"What's about it?!" Bakugou growled at them with a glare
"IT'S THE PLACE WITH THE MOST GUARDS AND PRECAUTIONS IN THE WORLD! WE WOULD NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO GET CLOSE TO THE SHORE WITHOUT BEING SINKED! THEY HATE PIRATES!" Mina yells.
"Would you keep it down idiots?! You really think that I'm stupid enough to throw ourselves into the arms of the French like that?! Tch! Of course I've made a plan!"
The three looked at each other's eyes with a concerned face
"Then what's the plan?" Kirishima asked
Katsuki turned and looked at them with a grin on his face, and that was enough to send chills down the spines of the three.

*That night*

Bakugou woke up once again soaken in sweat and tearing up, in the middle of the night:
-Shit... It happened again... The same fucking dream...-
He went again under the starred sky on one side of the ship, wich was momentarily anchored in the middle of the ocean, and just admired the horizon.
He sighted and looked down at his toes: an enormous load of thoughts invaded his head and, without even noticing, a tear dropped down his left cheek.
"W-why are you crying?..."
Katsuki's mind cleared from each thought, his eyes widened and desperately sought the source of that fragile voice on the surface of the water. His red eyes met with another beautiful pair of green eyes. Bakugou then recognised the little green haired merman, who was looking at him with a concerned look.
Not a single word could escape katsuki's mouth, he just stared at the green eyes and suddenly felt safe.
The merman was slowly getting scared and started backing up to swim away as fast as possible if in danger. Of course Bakugou noticed and with an unexpected low and calm voice spoke:
"Wait, I promise I'm not going to hurt you, but please... Stay..."
Those words triggered something in the merman, he wasn't expecting the captain to say something like that to him, it felt like he could trust his words.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to interfere with y-your path... I was just r-really curious... I n-never got to see humans this close"

Katsuki was still a bit shocked, but tried to hide it from the merman not to scare him.
"So you're interested in humans huh? Interesting"

"Mh? How is that interesting?"

"I thought all you cared about was eating humans"

"T-that's not true! We're n-not all the same!"

"Mmh... Alright, is there something you want to ask me that you're wondering?

"O-oh... A-actually yes... I-I was wondering how your emotions work...?"

"Well damn, that's not something you can explain with words, you can observe it tho... If you really want to understand"

"Oh... T-then can I follow you? I-I won't be in your way! I promise! J-just to observe how humans... Uh... Feel"

"Why should I say yes? You're pretty dangerous you know? How do I know that's not a trap?"

"W-wha?! B-but I'm not!"

"I can't know that"

"F-fine then,
h-how about we make...
...a deal?"

______________________________________

Hey! It's been forever I know!
I'm so sorry for that!
I'll post more often by now on! I promise!
Thank you so much for reading!
I hope you liked the story!
Stay tuned for chapter 5!🌹