-2-

Minju had been staring at Asahi's number for a whole day. That night, she mustered the courage to text him.

Minju: - Hi oppa~ i was the one who asked for your phone number... do you remember me?

Asahi: - i'm really sorry... i don't remember but hi~

The feeling when your crush doesn't remember who you are... but still treats you nicely. Minju might have shed a bittersweet tear.

Minju: - oh that's okay... even so, thank you for replying... you're so friendly!

Asahi: - i'm always like this :)

Minju: - omg... i thought u were so introverted

Asahi: - i do have my quiet side, but dont judge a book by its cover

Minju: - aaa... oki... oppa i think you're so interesting and i want to know you more >.<

Asahi: - haha, you can come watch me play in all soccer practice! Everyday!

Minju: - a... okay... I'm still too shy to approach you, so i'll send you messages everyday to cheer you up! I really like you!

Asahi: - wow, thank you cutie!

Minju sent Asahi cheerful messages everyday. Even though he never looked at her when she watched him during soccer practices, he always sounded cheerful and lovely in the messages. Minju even went to ask Jaehyuk about Asahi's favourite things because he seemed closest to Asahi.

So Asahi likes: soccer of course, photography, grape flavored ice cream, curry bread, ramen, sushi, fried chicken and vintage clothing.

She once bought grape ice cream for Asahi. She mustered all the courage she had to give it to him after soccer practice.

- Asahi oppa! - She said as she came from behind Asahi. He jolted at the girl's voice (as expected) and turned around.

Minju didn't manage to say anything when Asahi was up close, it was breathtaking. He was overflowing with visual, although he was in quite a tattered condition after the practice. His front bangs were wet with dripping sweat. No wonder they called him "the sweating robot". Minju held the ice cream with both her hands up with a shy look that screamed WILL YOU DATE ME internally but actually more like "Will you accept my ice cream?" But she didn't say it. Asahi scratched his temple and awkwardly smiled (like photo below). Then he just let out a small thank and ran off.

Minju: - do you like the ice cream I gave you today?

Asahi: - it was really delicious. Thank u 😊

He was always so sweet in the messages. For example:

Minju: - hi oppa~ sleep well~ here is a lullaby~

Asahi: i love this song! Thank u, have a sweet dream too~

Minju: good morning oppa~~~ have a nice day!!

Asahi: hey thank you! You too~

Minju: did you get caught in the rain today? Always carry an umbrella oppa~ Dont catch a cold~

Asahi: dont worry, your messages are enough, i won't catch a cold thanks to them!

He was super sweet.

***

"Oh thank you! You girls really don't have to do this.."

She looked at Doyoung chuckling, surrounded by the girls sitting on the adjacent bench after practice. They were offering him snacks and drinks. He got switched out mid-match for Junkyu to go in. Somehow Asahi in the chat reminds her of that boy.

As the girls dispersed, Doyoung noticed Minju staring at him, sitting on the bench. He smiled at her. A confident smile. Minju smiled back and looked away to find Asahi's figure on the pitch again. But Doyoung came over and sat next to her.

- How's it going with Asahi hyung?

- Huh? Why do you ask?

- Hahahha, i just want to know if I helped.

- hmmmm, he's actually very sweet! Although he seemed cool and unapproachable, he was always kind to me. And he's so cute... his expressions, his actions, his way of talking are all too cute and sweet!

- Good for you!! If you work hard, you'll get there. And it seems like you're the only girl talking to him recently?

- that can't be true - Minju squinted her eyes and looked at Doyoung in her peripheral vision.

- hahaha but honestly i have never seen him talked to girls. If I didn't set you up with him who knows when he'll find a girl kkkk

Minju blushed. She looked at Asahi on the field. He was laughing and fooling around with Jeongwoo, both doing a silly dance to tease Jaehyuk for something he just did.

- Take care of your prince, he's our treasure defender~ - Doyoung teased Minju, making her flinch and snap out of her focus on Asahi. She gave him a cringed up smile but he just laughed. And he walked away.

He sometimes talked to Minju like that, about Asahi, when he was switched out. Most of the time she talked with those who got switched out midgame. Sometimes they talked in group about the game and Minju just listened. Then Asahi came over and listened too. For example, when they were having a heated discussion about a foul, Yedam was talking to Minju; Hyunsuk Jaehyuk and Yoshi were bickering; others were discussing and Asahi came over. Minju looked at him. He was so calm. He only blinked and listened. And smirked. And raised his eyebrow. He probably was thinking something. He teased Jaehyuk, poking at his sweaty cheek and made a disgusted face as he wiped it on Jaehyuk's shoulder. He noticed Minju looking at him. He returned her gaze with a friendly smile and looked away.

He only had to smile a bit to make Minju's heart race.

***