-5-

Minju returned the scarf to Doyoung the day after their long talk. "Let's not call it a date", she thought. She went to his class during break, which was easy to find, just look for the girls who watched him all the time during soccer practice. And yep they were outside Doyoung's class. As Minju came in to give him his scarf and waved at him, she swore she could feel those girls' stare behind her back.

- Thank you for not letting me die from the cold hahah
- nevermind, I was glad to help.
- Do you think I should go talk to Asahi?
Doyoung was fidgeting with the scarf. He finally answered with an affirming look.
- I think you already know what you want, you are just asking me for reaffirmation right? Go for it, Minju.

The next whole week, Minju just watched Asahi on the field silently. She wondered why he didn't give her his number. She wanted to go talk to him. But she felt so nervous.

-You're planning on something right? -Said Yedam.
She sighed. Yedam could always read her mind. After all, he was her best friend. They shared everything with one another.
- You know you've got to do it Juju. He's not that unapproachable, you know it!

Finally, on Friday, after practice, when Asahi was grabbing his stuff to go home, she walked up to him.

- Asahi oppa! Hello
-Oh. Hi!
-I have something to ask you!
-okay... what is it?
-um... remember i asked you for your number a few months ago? Why did you give me Doyoung's number?
-Oh...
-I asked for your number. If you didn't want to give me your number, you can just say it. Why did you do that?
-Sorry, I thought you were asking for Doyoung's number?
-What?
-I thought you liked him?
-Huh, what are you talking about??
-That's why I gave you his number and your ice cream to him. Did I misunderstand?
-Omg... but I specifically asked if I could get YOUR number oppa...
-oh... did you? Sorry... i must have zoned out again... when I saw you with Doyoung.
-oppa....... but I- i...
-um... sorry for being honest but... I have no interest in dating anyone right now. To me, you're like a friend.

Asahi awkwardly smiled and left

That was a weird conversation.

Minju blankly walked back to the bench, still confused by what happened. She flopped on the bench. Yedam and Doyoung noticed, as they were packing up to go home.
- Did you talk to Asahi hyung? - Yedam asked. She nodded.
- Is everything okay? - Doyoung asked. She shook her head.
- Did you confess or something? - Yedam asked. Minju looked at him blankly.
- I didn't. But I still got rejected.
- huh? How is that possible? - Doyoung said with a shocked expression, covering his mouth.
- Lol , Asahi hyung is unbelievable! - exclaimed Yedam.
- Idk if I should cry or something lol it hurts haha - Minju laughed pathetically.
Doyoung looked at Yedam and turned to Minju.
- Do you want to walk home with me today? I need to tell you something.
- does it really have to be now? I'm feeling so pathetic right now, I want to be alone. Bye guys.
- right, okay... maybe later then.
- take care Juju.

But after that day, Minju stopped going to soccer practice. Doyoung didn't get to talk to her.
Yedam knew, because Minju was feeling so down. She kept resting her head on her desk next to him. He didn't ask, he just put his comforting hand over her head and pat her gently.

- You know, he's just being Asahi.

- Please just don't mention him. - Minju sighed and hid her face.

Yedam chuckled. He gave Minju an ear piece connected to his phone and they listened to music together, as usual when one of them felt down. It was the most comforting thing they could do together. Yedam would hum along with his sweet soulful vocal. Minju let out a long sigh and turned to him:

- Why don't you audition for the music club like ever?

- Idk, soccer just felt more fun! Yeah maybe in another universe, I'll be a singer. Heck, I may even become a Kpop star haha.

- As you would. - Minju chuckled.

"And maybe in another universe, I may have a chance with Asahi oppa." - Minju thought.

***

A few days later, Doyoung texted Minju. The funny thing was, their whole convo was so loving before. It ended with "Goodnight princess" from Doyoung.
- Hey Minju!
Minju rolled over on her bed to look at her phone.
- Omg the previous texts... it's so embarrassing T.T
up
up
up
up
up
upj
upp
upp
upppppp
sjsjsj
Hi Doyoung
- ... remember that thing I wanted to tell you?
- yeah?
- it's about Asahi... i think you may want to hear.
- sorry Doyoung... i don't want to hear anything about him for a while. Still heartbroken you know.
- you still should know it... ok maybe you dont have to know it. But i want to tell you.
- its about Asahi... why do i want to hear about him any more? He rejected me.

- ...Sorry Minju.

Honestly Minju was a bit curious, but hearing about Asahi wasn't what she need. She just wanted to completely get the heaviness in her heart out. The heaviness with Asahi's name written all over it. Also, she didn't want to keep on texting someone who she thought was her crush. Talking to Doyoung was really nice, but he wasn't Asahi.

Minju wished she had known it was Doyoung, not Asahi she was texting. It was so nice to talk with him everyday, even about trivial things. But it felt so weird to think it was Asahi. It was so stupid. Why didn't she ever call Asahi's name while texting?? Why did Asahi make that mistake? Minju wasn't the type to dwell on the past but this time, she was very frustrated. All her doubts and what ifs, and most of all this frustration. She fell asleep when she was too tired with her heavy heart.