Chapter One

"Yes Jamie, I leave in 20 minutes!" I laugh

"No offense, cousin, you have a nasty habit of ditching out last minutes," my cousins say on the other side.

I roll my eyes as I bring one of my bags into the entryway. "Jamie, I promise I will be there. I missed out on every other birthday, including my own, so there is no way I am missing the twins' birthday this week!"

"Repeat the plan one more time so I know that when it goes wrong that it wasn't my fault," Jamie sighs.

"Fine," I say as I start looking for my heels. "I leave for the airport in ... 18 minutes, then get on my flight that takes off at 11:00 am."

"Okay."

"Then you or some car service picks me up from the airport. The next day, you take the twins out to an early birthday brunch in London and I meet you there to surprise them.

"After that?"

"After that, I spend a lovely month-long vacation with you and the twins, that includes their twenty-first birthday party that is occurring in one week!"

"Correct!"Jamie says.

As I was about to comment on his excitement of my ability to remember simple plans, my doorbell rings.

"That's weird, the car isn't supposed to be here for another -" I say looking down at my watch, "16 minutes."

"Maybe they like to be early unlike some bloody idiots. There's actually one that I'm thinking of, I'm related to her ... the funny thing is you might know her," Jamie says as I rush over to the door, trying to put on my other heel.

"Haha, Jamie, very funny," I say just as I open the door to reveal the last person I wanted to see.

"Motherfu..."

-----------------------

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to Running from the Pain! I do have to apologize for the very short first chapter- I hate short chapters too. I promise most of the chapters after this will be longer - trust me. I hoped you enjoyed it and don't work all the marvel superheroing is coming in the next chapter. Also just to let everyone know at this point the whole story will continue through the current (as of 2021 Pre-Loki) Marvel timeline. I have the story almost completely plan out (not written, just structured). However, like I said in my general message, this will be sparaticaly updated so I apoloogize now for that, and if you don't like inconsitant updating, I ask you to please save it and maybe come back to it later, trust me there are chapters to come. When I'm writing this message, I have a total of 14 chapter down in my google doc which I will mention is 86 pages long (my computer is hating me because of it). All of those are first drafts so don't expect them for a while. 

Any way, I hope you enjoy Lizzie's story and the book in general. Since I'm now on summer break right now from college, I'm hopefully going to writing a lot more. I'm hoping to maybe get to Age of Ultron/Civil War before the end of June - we'll see how that goes.  Anyway, enjoy what every day you're reading this on and if your like me and read Wattpad at 4 a.m. - GO TO BED! Not that I don't want you read this but you need sleep! 

Thanks For Reading!

Liz 

(And es, I did name the character parcially on myself)