The First Main Game

"Well to start off," Koizumi announces, drumming her fingers against her podium, "I want everyone to know I'm voting for Komaru."

Komaru's eyes widen. "W-What?! Why? I literally just got here, I haven't done anything!"

"Yeah, you leave Komaru out of this!" Naegi shouts.

"Calm down, you three," Hinata intervenes, "We can't get worked up this early in this situation," He turns towards Koizumi, "Maybe, tell us why?"

She huffs, drumming her fingers against her podium, "Well, isn't it obvious? She literally just joined us, right before this Main Game. . .She's obviously extremely suspicious!"

Maizono yawns. "Yeah, now that I think about it, Koizumi-san has a good point."

Pekoyama's eyes narrow. "She's probably some sort of spy or traitor or something. She should definitely proceed to the final vote."

Hinata grits his teeth. 'Komaru definitely is suspicious. . .but she is most likely a captive trapped here with everyone else. I've got to find a way to defend her. For her and Naegi's sake!'

"Um, we can't exactly determine that until we get to know her more. Besides, her fear seemed legitimate and her story plausible."

Komaeda grins, leaning against his podium. "Yeah, leave her be for now. Besides, I'm just so curious about her! I'd love to learn more about you, Komaru!"

She sniffs, shyly looking down at her feet. "Thank you, Komaeda-san and Hinata-san. . .you two are so kind."

Hinata looks away sharply. ". . .It's nothing."

"Well," Pekoyama hums, "If we need something different to base who is going to be advancing to the final vote, then how about those who are useless and don't contribute anything? You know, like Saihara-san?"

The ravenet says nothing, just looking down silently. Hinata frowns.

'Why. . .isn't he defending himself? I wonder if he's just given up after losing two important people so quickly. . .'

"Yeah," He mumbles finally, "That's just fine. Sacrifice me or whatever, I really don't care anymore."

Mioda's eyes widen comically. "No, Saihara-san, don't say things like that! Um. . .uh. . .because. . .um. . .we all deserve to keep living!" She tilts her head, "Yeah?"

Saihara shrugs. ". . .Meh. You guys do or decide whatever you want. I won't interfere."

"Alright. No time to be concerned about that. We need to move on." Ikusaba points out.

"What should we talk about?" Nanami wonders.

"Maybe now is a good time to talk about card roles?" Maizono suggests.

"Oh," Komaeda jumps, "That reminds me. . .full disclosure. . ," He throws his hands out dramatically with a wide smirk, "I'm the Keymaster!"

Hinata stiffens, shocked, grip tightening on his podium. Komaeda laughs, nodding.

"Yep, yep, that's me! I mean, since we're discussing it, I wanted to make it clear right away!" He continues.

The brunet's gaze darkens.

"No. . .that's wrong!"

Komaeda raises an eyebrow. "Oh? You don't believe me, dear Hinata-san? You have an objection?"

Hinata glares at him. "I do actually. You're lying. Everyone-I'm the Keymaster! Komaeda-san is lying!"

Komaeda smiles lazily. "Hm? Now, why would I lie about something like that?"