Chapter 14: Teaming Up

The group was starting to worry that they were running out of time. But they couldn't panic now. They had to attack now so that Calliope's invasion could be prevented from happening. The group quickly checked each other for injuries. Goggles said that he has fully recovered from his. The group then got out their potion bottles.

"Here we go, no turning back." Skull said.

Everyone drank their potions. It had a mixture of tastes. It had a sweet and sour taste to it. But nonetheless, everyone felt a warm, tingling feeling inside.

"Oooo I feel so good." Headphones said, smiling a little.

"The effects of the potion must be kicking in already." Army said.

Everyone was feeling a bit more confident that their plan will succeed. Now's the time to put their plan into action.

"Is everyone ready?" Goggles asked.

Everyone answered with similarities to "yes."

"Then let's do this."

-----

There were some guards out on their posts at the cave entrance. This was getting boring, and they didn't even know why they did this when there was literally no danger. Some of them were slacking off or sleeping, and others were just staring out into the open with a blank gaze. Hopefully Calliope would send in a shift soon, though chances were she wasn't going to since she was now resting in her room and waiting for tonight in case it was the Blue Moon. But what DID get all of them up was the sound of something thundering towards them, accompanied by the flapping of wings.

Fjord ran in, out of control as planned, followed by Breeze and the ally Skylings. The guards by the front started yelling, and signalled for everyone to start getting up and preparing to fend off defenders. Goodness gracious were they unprepared for this. The guards, boosted by adrenaline, shot out of the cave towards the group, with only a few still remaining inside. Now was the group's chance to infiltrate!

Even the Skyling group that attacked before was there too, and Specs was just glad he didn't have to face them anymore. He didn't plan on splatting any more Skylings, just knocking them out. He ran with his group as both took to the sides of the cave and made their way in. Behind them, they could hear screams and shouts as the Nitro Blade User froze Skylings and cut off their wings. Specs could hear shouts from that same Skyling group before too, so if he had to assume, the Nitro Blade User had frozen and killed them as well. He wasn't about to turn around and look any time soon, though.

There were flocks of Skylings on both sides. They were all not expecting them to attack, but they still had to defend their queen. They all managed to grab their dart guns and fly back to the fray. A flock of Skylings flew above Goggles' group and aimed their dart guns at them.

"Shoot them!" a commander Skyling shouted to a lesser soldier, who did as told.

Headphones felt a dart pierce her arm, but she was still perfectly fine! So the potion DID work after all!

"What?! They're immune to the squidshifter serum?!" the commander exclaimed.

"Hah, take that!" Specs shouted as he smacked both Skylings against the cave wall with his brush.

This caused massive amounts of worry among the Skylings who witnessed the group not being affected at all by the darts. Why aren't the darts working?! They usually work! They weren't going to talk about it now because the group was already inking Skylings left and right, while charging up their specials.

Army used his special, Ink Armor, to help shorten the pain that anyone received from the Skyling's swords. It helped everyone a little, but Specs' group was being swarmed by Skylings. That was, until two sting-rays shot through the cave walls and splatted a few Skylings. The sting-rays came from both Headphones and N-pacer. Goggles even pulled a pickled plum and threw it into another Skyling's mouth. The Skyling spat it out, but noticed that he was gone...until he was shot in the back by yours truly.

They all knew they had to take care of all the Skylings or else their home would probably be destroyed again.

Rachis and Vane were flying high up over the cave, which was actually at the base of a mountain, so that Calliope wouldn't see them. They could see that duo again, but this time they had more people with them. Could this be their chance to investigate? Oh, probably not...that group was ruthless in knocking out those Skylings, especially the hooded guy! Maybe when things died down?

Both groups were almost done knocking out or splatting Skylings if it was necessary. Breeze and company soon came to Spec's group after the guards were taken care of. Nitro quickly disposed of the Skylings who were fighting Specs' group and soon went for the ones in Goggles' group and took care of them as well.

Pretty soon, they all met up.

"Whew! Is everybody okaaaay?" Mask asked.

Everyone responded that they were all good. Some of the group got some cuts from the swords, and got some bandages for that. Goggles even helped Headphones with her arm where the dart hit and put a bandage on it.

"So, now what do we do? There might be more rebels coming, but I don't know," Skull asked.

"We need to press forward. We are running low on time," Breeze said.

There was a noise followed by a shaking feeling. It almost felt like an earthquake, but it stopped after like ten seconds. The group saw the source of the shaking.

Well, there it was.

The cave was open ahead of them.

Time to dethrone a queen.

-----

Calliope had heard the ruckus from her room, and figured it was that annoying little squid and his friends. She sighed as she walked directly from her room and up a secret path leading to her ritual site for the Icy Blue Moon. She sure hoped tonight would be it after the last few nights had been nothing but downers.

Regardless though, it was time for her to prepare for a fight.