FOUR

soul

JAEMIN POV

"Please wake up." Their parents had arrived not long ago. Haechan was crying again. Mrs. Lee was caressing her son's hair while still grabbing his hand with one hand.

The door opened and Mr. Lee came back after settling the bills. "He will be okay." He said as he sat beside his younger son who hugged him. I could see Mr. Lee fighting back tears. He was trying hard to be strong. He knew his family needed a strong person atleast one.

I saw Mark sitting alone on the other side of the room. He was sobbing silently. I sat beside him and place my hand on his back. He looked up to face me and again stared back at the ground.

And there was Jeno beside his bed near Mrs. Lee. He looked sad and confused as I was. I always thought ghosts were dead people's soul but Jeno isn't dead. What is going on? I saw Jeno going near  Haechan and sitting on his other side. He looked at his brother and father, at his mother, at his body, Mark and me. Oh shit. We locked eyes.

"But dad." Haechan whined. Mr. and Mrs. Lee had ordered us to go home as soon as Haechan and Mark calmed down.

"No buts. You do what I say." He s
aid and looked at me smiling a little. "Jaemin will you take Haechan home and stay with him for today." I noded and smiled back. "Mark" he continued "You should go home and take care of yourself and no need to worry to much. We will inform you all if his condition is even a little better."

I could still see Jeno inside the room beside the bed. I don't know what to do. I have never tried to talk to ghosts or is it soul, doesn't matter. I haven't even tried to acknowledge their existence. I am more troubled since its Haechan's brother. Should I tell him? Would he be able to handle? I should probably tell him. He is the only one who knows my secret and he deserves to know as well.

"Why do you always look like you have something in mind?" Mark interrupted my thought process as he nudged me a little.

"Oh." That's all I said.

"So I'll take my leave. I'll see you guys tomorrow." He waved at both of us as he left.

"Haechan" I called the boy who was lying in the bed.

"Huh"

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" He rolled to face me still laying down. His eyes were puffy and red.

"T-The thing is" I don't know whi I'm hesitating. Won't it be better to just tell him? Won't he have have idea for me to do something about this?

"Ya" Haechan shook me. I was again lost in my thought. He had gotten up and sat instead looking straight in my eyes. "What did you want to tell me?"

"First you should know that I'm confused too. I thought about it and I think it's best for you to know."

"Oh tell me already." He was annoyed at this point.

"I saw Jeno's soul."

"You what?" Haechan's was more than shocked.

"You know I see ghosts. But since Jeno isn't dead its soul I guess."

"But how? I mean if he's not dead how could his soul leave his body?"

"I said I am as confused as you are. I have no idea. I have never even tried to communicate with any ghosts or souls. So, I have as little idea about this situation as you."

"But are you sure?"

I just furrowed my brows and he realized.

"Of course you are." He laughed awkwardly and just shook my head.

"You know what. Let's do the thinking tomorrow. I'm so tired right now." And I laid on the bed.

"Yeah. Let's do that." And he layed beside me.

If you reached this far then thanks for not giving up on this story this soon. Anyway I hope you keep reading till the end. Comment if you see any errors and if you have anything to say.💚💚