EIGHT

•die•

"So can you tell me why I'm out of my body even though I'm not dead."

"I have absolutely no idea why." Jaemin sat down as well. There was yet another silence. Jaemin was almost regretting this decision because Jeno wasn't speaking much but Jaemin knew he was just confused about the situation and didn't know what to do.

"Jeno. Can you listen to me?" Haechan came near them and looked at the chair Jaemin was looking earlier. His eyes a little lost.

Jaemin noded on behalf of Jeno.

"Listen I know you are confused. But I want you to stay with Jaemin for the time being. Who knows we might find out if this happens to others as well or not? Even if we don't you will be safe with Jaemin. The day you disappear will probably be the day you wake up or die." But Haechan didn't say that.

"Do I have a choice?" Jeno asked joking but realized only Jaemin can hear him.

"Actually you do. You don't have to agree." Jaemin spoke in serious tone.

"Then I choose to agree."

"He agreed." Jaemin faced Haechan.

"You have another job." Jeno exclaimed surprised as they left the cafe Jaemin worked at.

Jaemin just ignored Jeno which has been going as soon as Jaemin got to work. Don't misunderstand, it wasn't intentional. Jaemin was busy attending all the customers, making coffee, doing dishes.  Jeno understood that and Jaemin couldn't possibly talk to him infront of all the people. So, to not bother the younger he sat at one corner watching as Jaemin and his colleague worked, new customers came and went, their activities inside and sometimes outside. But he didn't stay out for long to not worry Jaemin.

"Don't you sleep." Jeno laid his head on the counter Jaemin was working on.

"I do. Just not much but enough." Jaemin just looked at Jeno who was now seated infront of him, his head on his homework.

"How much?" Jeno rose to face Jaemin.

"Just enough." Jaemin went back to his work.

"Tch. And aren't you hungry. I haven't seen you eat all day."

"I'll eat in a while." Jaemin looked at his phone. It was 10:00 pm.

"When?"

"In a while."

Jeno was annoyed why can't he give a direct answer. He couldn't argue anymore because a customer entered the store buying some alcohols and snacks. He already looked drunk.

The guy left after paying and Jaemin went back to his work. Jeno wondered why Jaemin worked so hard all alone. Where are his parents? And then it struck him. He knew Jaemin since a long time but only as Haechan's friend. He never asked about Jaemin. Haechan had told him about Jaemin but not about his parents.

Jeno stayed silent after that, not to disturb Jaemin. Jaemin glanced at him once in a while wondering why he got quiet all of a sudden.

When the clock strikes 12. It was time for Jaemin to eat. He closed his books, got up and looked for food. He picked few because there wasn't much today. It was enough for now but he would have to do something for his breakfast. I'll buy bread or something. It wasn't something new. He didn't always had food. Hw was fine with anything he had.

He sat in a chair where Jeno was earlier, infront of the counter. Jeno also came near him.

"You don't eat, do you?" Jaemin eyed the boy grabbing a bite of a triangular kimbap.

"I don't think I can." Jeno laughed a little. "Don't you have to pay for it?"

"No."

"Is it because you work here?"

"No because it's expired and I can't sell it."

"Then why are you eating that?"

"Because it's free."

Hey guys I'm back with new chapter. Thanks for reading. Comment if there is any mistakes. Anyways, see you on Saturday.💚💚