Fifteen days late

Emmy nervously took a step into the living room, seeing her two dads cuddling on the couch and watching a documentary. "Hey, dad, papa? Can I talk to you guys about something?" .

"Of course you can baby, come on sit down next to us!" Luke said, patting the spot on the sofa next to him. She sat down on the couch, refusing to look up and see their faces. "I-I'm 'late'". "L-late for what, sweetheart?" She could hear the fear in her dads voice, listening to him made her burst into tears.

"Hey hey! It's gonna be okay, don't be upset!" Reggie whispered, as Luke wrapped his arms around her and whispered 'go get the tests from our bathroom' cause since they had five kids there was a chance that one might have a pregnancy scare.

"I don't wanna be a teen mom!" She sobbed, making Luke's heart break. "I know baby and if you are pregnant it is 100% your choice whether you want to keep the baby or not, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Luke kissed her forehead, softly humming the lullaby he had written for her when she was born (he and Reggie had both written songs for each of their five babies when they were born).

Just then Reggie burst into the room holding four pregnancy tests, and it was obvious that he had been crying. A lot. "Here! Drink lots of water then go to the bathroom and take all of these." He handed her the tests and sat down on the couch. "When the results are back come and tell us straight away." Emmy nodded her head with her eyes full of tears, she quietly left the room, thankfully before she got to see Reggie breakdown.

"Reg are you okay? What's wrong?". Luke was panicking, unsure of what to do in this situation. "I know what it was like-" "Luke you have no idea what it was like so don't even say that you understand all of the shit that I had to deal with! You have no idea how hard it was for me to raise a newborn baby all alone at fucking sixteen! You didn't have to deal with people giving you the stink eye once you tell them that your sixteen with a newborn baby. You didn't have to stay up for hours every night cause by yourself cause you couldn't get your baby to sleep and thought that you were the worst parent in the world and didn't wanna ask anyone for help cause you were scared that if someone hears that a sixteen year old is struggling to raise their baby so they call cps who threaten to take your little girl away, and even before she was born you consider giving her up for adoption cause you feel like as a teen dad you'll never be able to give her a good life and she'll grow up hating you. You never had to deal with those thoughts!" Reggie couldn't stop his tears at this point, and neither could Luke. "Reggie, I am so sorry, I had no idea what you were going through." Reggie sighed, "it's fine, nobody knew. Well I guess Maggie kinda knew cause I would always cry about this crap when I was doing the night feed when she was a tiny baby.". Luke sighed, feeling incredibly guilty, "Reggie ya know that 1. You are an awesome dad to these babies and 2. You can talk to me about whatever, whenever you need to? You do know that right?". Reggie nodded his head and gave his husband a small, weak smile.

Emmy walked back into the room, looking incredibly nervous. Both of her dads stood up and rushed over to comfort her, "what did the tests say?" Luke asked, as Emmy handed him two tests, and Reggie the other two. "I'm too scared to look, can you guys check for me?" Emmy asked as her dads nodded and turned the tests over. Luke was the first to say the results of the tests he was holding. They were both negative. Next Reggie said the results of the two tests that he was holding. Both negative. They all let out a sigh of relief, Emmy hugged her dads and walked away, and as she walked away it dawned on them that this situation meant that she had done 'the deed'.