Chapter 6

A couple of weeks had passed by and Chandler couldn't be more pleased with how his new life has turned out. He was in his new silver Ford driving down the road. Chandler likes driving down the country roads. It helped clear his mind and allowed him to feel free from any problems or unwanted memories.

Chandler turned onto the road that led to the village and continued his daily reflection. He learned from Luna that reliving the day in his head can help him process certain events of that day. Ever since Luna told him that Chandler took the time to reflect and process.

Chandler still couldn't process how a little unique Enderman changed his life. Chandler still remembered the hopeless feeling of being stuck, stuck in his father's cabin that looked like a dumpster and smelt like a bar. Chandler came up with so many ways of leaving that cabin but he didn't expect to use this plan. This plan wasn't even in the top 3, but he was glad this was the one they went with. Luna came up with the idea of Chandler living with her. She helped him get a job at the mall food court, it wasn't the best but it helped push him. Luna was his best friend in high school before he dropped out. She always looked out for him even in high school before he dropped out, she was like an older sister to him. That's why Chandler was so happy when Grime told him that they see Luna as a mother. Grime grew so much since the first time they met. Chandler didn't like change, he was scared of it and the consequences it brought but because of Grime He has been able to fear change less and even accept it.

Chandler turned into the village and pulled into the driveway. He opened the car door and got out before closing the door. Grime opened the front door and rushed over to Chandler.

"Chandler looked at Luna's homeschooling me and I got an A+ on human spelling." Grime said, showing him their assignment.

"Whoa good job kid, that's amazing." Chandler said.

"I also learned all of the 4 core classes human kids have. I also only have 3 years left of high school. I also learned some basic spells, " Grime said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up. How do you have 3 years left?" Chandler asked, confused.

"Luna made it so I could be 9th grade. She filled me in all of the basics like multiplication and all that but I already knew most of the stuff from my books." Grime said.

"You lucky donut. You only have to go through 3 years of hell." Chandler said.

Grime's happy expression fell a bit.

"What do you mean hell? It seems really fun and Luna is a great teacher. She dresses differently and she turned the spare room into an actual classroom so I can get the human experience." Grime said.

"You're definitely something Grime." Chandler said with a grin.

Chandler walked over to the front door and saw Luna leaning in the doorway. She had a calm expression but her eyes made her seem annoyed.

"Hello Chandler, how was work?" Luna asked.

"It was good. How was your day" Chandler asked.

He felt chills go down his spine by the look Luna was giving him. It literally felt like she was staring into his soul. Grime walked over and stood at Luna's side. She pulled them into a side hug and played with his fluffy hair. Grime could feel the affection that radiated from the gesture and it made his serotonin go brrrr.

"We had a very good first day. Got a lot of learning done. Didn't we Grime." Luna asked with a smile.

"Yeah like I said before it was really fun. I even learned some popular slang and memes in world cultures." Grime said.

"They're not going traveling anytime soon so I thought that I would teach him meme culture first." Luna said.

"Ooh Chandler mom and I were wondering if you could go pick up some st Patrick day cookies at the store and some milk?" Grime asked.

"Sure and don't call me that." Chandler said harshly before turning around and getting into his car aggressively.

Chandler put the key in the ignition and turned the car on before pulling out of the driveway and into the road.

Grime leaned away from Luna and looked at her before asking,

"What did he mean by that?" Grime asked.

Luna could see that Grime's ears flopped down and his tail that was once wagging from happiness now stood still and in a line. She hated when Chandler would do that. She could always figure out why he was being passive aggressive but Grime didn't know why or what was happening, only that they did something that Chandler didn't like.

"It was nothing important. You didn't do anything wrong, he's just afraid of losing you that's all. He thinks that you calling me mom means that you like me more and that we have a stronger bond." Luna explained.

"But we do? I hangout with you more." Grime said.

"I know that but to Chandler you mean the world to him. You helped him in so many ways in ways you don't even know nor need to know." Luna said.

"So when he's being like that it's because he's protective." Grime asked.

"Exactly, now come on inside I bet you the neighbors loved hearing the update of our family drama." Luna said before turning around and walking inside. Grime went inside and closed the door.

"Come help me with Dinner will you?" Luna asked from the kitchen.

"Yep, can blue help too?" Grime asked before picking up Blue and carrying her in his arms.

"Sure she can be our taste tester." Luna said before giggling.

The three of them enter the kitchen and get to work while they wait for Chandler to come back.