Part 7

I ran quickly back down the hallway with the killer hot on my trail. He was certainly faster than me so he was sure to catch up with me any minute.

     I ran down a new, unfamiliar hallway as he laughed at me intimidatingly. He was getting closer and closer. I had to put a barrier between us before he could get close to me.

     Without paying too much attention, I veered left and ran into the first room I could see and shut the door behind me, locking it.

     Within seconds he was at the door, trying the handle and banging on it with his fists.

     I turned around only to be met with a person I hadn't met yet. They were standing next to what looked like an examination table, cleaning it. I had clearly interrupted him.

     He wore a black hoodie with a dark blue mask on. It had empty sockets for eyes that looked like they were dripping in a black liquid.

     He stared at me, clearly not expecting visitors.

     I froze, unsure of what to say.

     He sighed and then walked over to me, putting a cold hand on my back before opening the door, promptly pushing me out, and closing it again.

     I came face to face with the fucker.

     'Thanks a lot.' I thought with a tinge of frustration.

     The killer cornered me up against the door and stabbed his knife into it right next to my head. A childish scare tactic at best but effective.

     He brought his face close into mine, regrettably making me gulp.

     "I've got you now," he said.

His breath was hot on my face. I couldn't help but push myself as far back onto the door as I could, avoiding his gaze.

He grabbed a fist full of my hair and began pulling me along as he walked back down the hallway.

"Ow! That hurts you psycho bitch!" I yelled, grabbing his arm to try to get him to let go.

He kept walking as if he hadn't heard me. I tried my best to match his pace so to ease the pulling on my scalp.

He walked me to another room in another hall and opened it before pushing me inside.

I rubbed my head where he finally let go with an angry scowl.

He slammed the door behind us and began rummaging through some drawers in a dresser.

I looked around, noticing that we were in a bedroom. It was dark toned but otherwise pretty simple looking with a queen bed, two dressers, a bedside table with a black shaded lamp, a hamper, a small window and a door presumably leading to a private bathroom.

This must be Jeff's bedroom. Surprisingly it was actually pretty nice. I rubbed my head and watched him pushing clothes left and right before pulling out one of those famous white hoodies and putting it on.

He glanced back at me briefly before letting out a small 'tch' and opening another drawer.

He pulled out a black zip up sweatshirt and threw it at me, hitting me in the face with it. I glared at him.

"Put this on," he said, earning him a frown.

"Why?" I asked. He over exaggeratingly rolled his eyes and looked over to me with those dark rimmed blue eyes.

"Do you want to be torn to shreds? Didn't think so. Just put the damned thing on."

I scoffed at his rudeness but put it on reluctantly. It was way too big for me. It was probably his size but on me it was just baggy. The sleeves were too long and the front hung down way too far.

"You better hope that thing is enough to mask your scent or you're screwed," he said with a dark chuckle.

I gave him a nasty look, even though I had no idea what he was talking about.

When he was satisfied, he grabbed another knife from the top drawer, inspected it, and then stuffed it into his hoodie pocket.

Then he walked over to me and took a hard grasp on my arm. I winced. If it were any harder, it would probably bruise.

Then he walked back out of the room with me in tow. We walked back down the hallways back in the direction of the kitchen and he dragged me through it.

I saw that all three proxies were there now, sitting and talking. All three turned their attention to me as Jeff dragged me along and I waved at them with a hint of sadness.

Even though it was temporary and not fun by any means, they did take care of me for a few days. They seemed surprised by me waving at them but didn't say anything.

Jeff continued to drag me through what looked like another living room with a big screen TV and a few game consoles.

Then I saw it. The real front door that lead outside, and we were heading straight for it. We weren't staying here in the mansion? Where was he going to take me? I wasn't even wearing shoes.

He flung the door open and pushed me outside before closing the door behind us.

The woods.

Without hesitation, he started walking towards the left side of the mansion and pulled me right along with him.

My bare feet crunched the sticks and cold dirt underneath them as we walked at a steady pace. After not too long, the mansion was completely out of sight.

There were only trees all around us but Jeff seemed to have a clear idea of where we were going.

I had no idea how long we had been walking for. An hour? Two hours maybe. We hadn't stopped once.

Jeff still had an iron grip on my forearm which had basically become numb as a result.

In the last 5 minutes or so he had seemed to become more alert, scanning our surroundings.

He hadn't said a word the whole time and I felt like breaking that silence would probably result in me getting hurt somehow so I kept my mouth shut.

     The bottom of my feet were so cold that I couldn't feel if they were hurting or not. All I knew is that I was definitely going to feel it tomorrow.

     While I was lost in thought, Jeff decided to stop walking. He yanked me to halt and I looked at him. He was looking directly to our right. I followed his gaze and saw nothing but trees.

     I gave him a judgmental look, clearly thinking he was nuts. I hadn't even heard anything.

     Without warning, Jeff yanked me behind a large tree and pressed himself up against it.

     "What's there?" I whispered to which he promptly covered my mouth with his hand, not responding. I watched him look carefully around the tree with intensity.

     He didn't move for a solid two minutes before turning back to me, pulling my hood up quickly, wrapping an arm around me and jumping up, grabbing a branch. He pulled himself and I up the tree like a goddamn monkey. When we were high enough up, he set me down on a branch and got close to my face.

     "If you move, you die. Make a sound and you die. If you don't stay put, I'll kill you before that thing does." He said quietly.

     He was really close to my face. I accidentally blushed before nodding. Good thing he either didn't notice or didn't react.

     That was weird.

     He jumped from branch to branch loudly down the tree to the ground.

     He spread his arms wide open, inviting the creature over to him. I watched with shock.

     "Come on you creepy son of a bitch, I'm right here," he announced loudly.

     Then, as if in response, a deafening shriek was heard in the distance before a terrifying creature came hurdling at Jeff.