Chapter 7: Moving In (ASAP)

It was another morning in Los Angeles and the sun was shining in inside the Decker household. Chloe was doing all she could to get her life back on track she goes downstairs to wake Trixie up for school before turning into the kitchen to make her some breakfast. She was about to turn on the pan ready to make eggs and bacon when there was a knock at the door. She sighs and opens the door to reveal her boyfriend. She chuckled a little at the comment she had in mind.

"What? No barging into my house like you used to?" Chloe joked.

"Haha, very funny Detective. I know better than to do that." Lucifer chuckled as the owner of her apartment let her boyfriend in.

"Funny... If only you learnt sooner when we first became friends."

"I'm not at all sorry when your towel dropped down revealing-"

"Mom? What's Lucifer doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see him but... it's a little strange." Trixie asked her mother a little confused as to why he was here in their home.

"Oh... you haven't told the offspring yet?" Lucifer asked.

"Not yet. I mean I was just about to once Trixie's had some breakfast." Chloe admitted.

"Ah, the old breaking the news at breakfast method. Maybe that's why they call it breakfast." Chloe chuckled at her boyfriend's usual antics and weirdness, but she loved it all the same. She squats down in front of her daughter. "Speaking of which I'm starving. Do you have anything here?"

"Nothing that you would be interested in honey." Chloe turned to her 11-year-old daughter. "Look, Trixie, given the circumstances of everything Lucifer and I have decided that it's best if he, you know, moves in with us. Is that ok with you? I mean I know how fond you are of him, so, I assumed you're okay with it which is why I asked him if he could do that."

"To move in?" Trixie asked again getting more and more confused unsure how she was feeling about this news. This new change.

"Yeah."

"I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest."

"What? Why's that? I thought you would be ecstatic about this..."

"It doesn't matter how my feelings are. What really matters is that you're happy instead of crying every night about dad or having nightmares about Lucifer." Chloe felt her boyfriend's eyes on her in a silent question when his name was brought up in the same sentence as 'nightmares'

"Um..., Trixie, your feelings do matter, it might not to you, but it does to me, and if you don't want Lucifer here... if it was a mistake to do this-"

"No! I do want him here more than anything... but... I just don't want you to be sad anymore because of me... I also don't want him to replace dad."

"Urc- Trixie... I could never replace your father and just because I'm moving in with you and your mother does not mean I'm going to replace Dan," Lucifer said very fatherly.

"Yeah, it will. You guys will do parent stuff together and helping to look after me, eventually, you guys will get married-"

"Hey, hey, hey, remember what I said to you? Me and your dad will always be your parents no matter what. Doesn't matter what my relationship is with Lucifer, and you know what? I'm glad he's here to help me out when it comes to looking after you; because I can't do it all the time Trix and neither can your grandparents, especially the way you've been acting out, I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but those are the facts. I'm very much sad that my little girl is so emotional and can't regulate her feelings sometimes. I need help sometimes, baby, I can't do everything on my own. I can't do that and balance my relationship with Lucifer. No offence." Chloe said emotionally before turning to her boyfriend apologising for her bluntness.