Chapter 6: The Official Date

Four weeks have gone past and Chloe had been busy with living her own life with looking after Trixie and fitting her new role as God's consultant. She had just dropped off her daughter at her grandmother's when her phone rang.  "Hello, Det - Chloe speaking." Chloe had almost forgotten in that that moment she was retired from the LAPD and was no longer "Detective Decker" so she had to break herself out of that habit of saying her surname and be on first name basis instead

Detective! Your enchanting boyfriend here. I've got a surprise for you. Chloe couldn't help but smile at the thick British accent that came through the phone and into open surroundings around her on speakerphone. Of course, Lucifer, of all people would continue to call her by that alias name.

"Oh really? What does all the omnis have for a surprise for me?"

Now if I told you that it wouldn't be a surprise...

"Aren't you supposed to be all-knowing and all-seeing?" She asked her mischievous boyfriend with a chuckle of her own. Chloe admires the new addition of jewellery on her hand, briefly, the once black onyx gem, now white, would often catch her eye every now and then, though she glazed over her new ring occasionally she was still listening to her boyfriend on the phone. She had wondered, ever since being brought back to life, whether or not she should give it back to Lucifer. I mean it's not weird, right? Originally it was his, to begin with. She asked herself nervously biting her lip a little bit, wondering how to word it without sounding like she didn't want it on her.

Well, yes, normally to other people I can, but it's not like I can with you. It's no different to when you're already immune to any of my mojos.

"Part of your Dad's gift. I guess." Chloe was a little bit relieved to hear her boyfriend say that if she was really honest with herself. Not only is her privacy kept to herself, but also, there's that chance she could do that thing that couples do; finish off each other's sentences with Lucifer with Him being all omniscient and pretty much read her mind like a Jedi. Which is funny because when she first met him he told her that he wasn't a Jedi and that he couldn't read people's minds... but... now that he has that mind-reading power... she shook her head shaking that thought off.

On the contrary, even though I can't see or know what you're doing. I can still sense it via your voice and that's got nothing to do with me being God. That's just because of the time we've spent together over the years. Now, aside from that... I want you to do something for me without any questions asked; I want you to go to your place pick something out nice and cute then come to the beach where we first kissed.

"Mm. Ominous but okay." Chloe turns her car around in such a careful way to make sure she wouldn't get booked for doing something illegal; just because she wasn't a cop anymore didn't mean she still didn't respect the rules. It just had clocked over 6:01 by the time she went to her house first picked something out and the back to the beach pulling into a park and then gets out; her curiosity getting the better of her wondering what her partner was up to. "Okay, Mr Mysterious. I'm here. What now?" Her boyfriend didn't even answer her when He covered her eyes.

"Guess who?" Lucifer asked in her ear.

"Um. Let me guess... my idiotic, seductive, self-loving boyf-"

"Okay! We get it..." Chloe chuckled again at his playful irritability, knowing it would take him a lot to get annoyed on that level, without further ado of their acknowledgement for one another she immediately placed her both hands on the side of his face and pulling her boyfriend in towards her for a deep passionate kiss; emitting a moan of approval and their lips smacking together a little as they pulled apart. She always loved their dominating kisses and sometimes the little noises that follow after it.