2. ravenous.

────────── ◌
ravenous
/ˈrav(ə)nəs/
adjective
1. (of hunger or need) very great; voracious.
────────── ◌

saturday night, a fancy party

i delicately swiped the final sharp wing of glum eyeliner onto my left eyelid and diverted my focus from each eye to see if they matched. thankfully they did so i then finally lined my lips in a vampy maroon and filled in the rest with a 50s starlet-reminiscent red that paired with the colour of my nails. once i was satisfied with my makeup, i ruffled up my slightly curled hair and sprayed some final touches of spray to ensure that it stayed appearing voluminous and somewhat untamed for the forthcoming night.

i stepped in front of the floor mirror to inspect my body once more in the form-fitting, long-sleeved black dress i was wearing. i was gifted this beautiful fendi piece that had just been showcased in the milan fashion show. although the dress was very simple, i completely adored it. it fell down to the mid of my shin and the neckline was fairly low, just teasing my cleavage in the most tasteful and classy way. one of my favourite traits about this dress was the slit down the side, by the mid of my thigh moderately in display. this dress undeniably made me feel like the price tag it posessed, the high-quality, butter-like fabric clung onto my curves entirely and i had a feeling that i would be turning heads tonight..

i decided to adorn the sombre look with some silver jewellery to play a modest homage to vampiress figures like morticia addams. i dressed my fingers with an array of steel rings, one on my middle finger being a signet that matched a necklace i wore around my neck. then on my neck and the rest of my pulse points, i sparingly misted my favourite fragrance - alien by thierry mugler. this scent exudes sensuality and is far too special to be worn on the daily, so i chose to wear it for this special occasion.

the whole time i got ready i had an intriguing character on my mind. knowing he was going to be at this party added to my excitement and i'd be lying if i said i didn't put in a considerable amount of effort into my appearance. there is something wildly striking about this man that i just can't put my finger on. yes, to the visible eye he is otherworldly attractive but aside from that he oozes mystery, charm and something that i just cannot decipher or solve.

───── ◌

i tried to gracefully climb out of my taxi so that the paparazzi would not catch me lacking. the flickering lights of the shutterbugs' cameras dawned onto the ash concrete as i strutted my way into the party. the closer i got to the entrance the louder the sounds of human small talk, grinning and the thumping of music became and the grating sounds of the paparazzi screeching thankfully faded. a short, sharp twang of anxiety stabbed my stomach as i walked through the luxurious entrance but it was soon soothed by the warm welcoming i recieved from mark. this was mark's party he had thrown at just one of his rather extravagant properties in NYC (where my heart belongs). mark's emerald eyes lit up with excitement and he pulled me in to a tight and friendly embrace.

"hello my darling!" he slightly yelled, his brilliant italian accent shining through.

"ciao mio caro!" i greeted him in his language since he always loves it when i do.

"sei bellissima!" he complimented me thrillingly.

"grazie bello!" i pulled away from the embrace and thanked him.

"sweetheart, this is one of your best looks yet! it's dark and sexy yet classy altogether." mark is an amazing designer so when he compliments my looks, i'm flattered the most.

"thank you! you look hot as always." i acclaimed in the way we always do.

"mm i know darling!" he ran his hands through his hair and cheekily grinned.