Chapter Fourteen - No Words

The girl with the motorbike

Chapter 14 

Ross' POV. 

We had decided to have a competition, to see who could eat the most pizza, and I never knew how serouisly Paige took competition, untill now. The 20" pizza was huge, and could feed me for weeks. I didn't realise how big it was untill the pizza delivery man arrived with it. 

"Answer the door Sunderland!" Paige screamed from the kitchen. I decided against answering the door, I was pretty comfortable on the sofa. 

"You can answer it!" I screamed back, and I heard Paige sigh, and march to the door to get the pizza. That's when I remembered I had the money in my pocket. I bounced up, and walked to the door, where I found Paige standing, waiting. As my eyes racked over Paige, I really wished that I had answered the door. She had a pair of mini shorts on, which showed off her long, tanned legs, and a jumper on top with her hair piled up in a loose, un neat bun; and I must say, she did look sexy. 

When I arrived to the door, the pizza man was staring at her legs, that irritated me. I knew that it shouldn't, but it did. I felt pretty protective of Paige, god knows why. But I did. I coughed, and the pizza man looked up, and I noticed that his name was Hank, according to the name bag which was pinned to his flat chest. He wasn't very good looking, he didn't have any muscle at all, so I wasn't surprised when I caught Paige looking at me, not even noticing Hank, but that also made her oblvouis to the fact that he was staring at her legs, which a "yum" face on. As soon as I coughed, he looked up quickly, I raised an eyebrow and his eyes widening, as I puffed my chest out, and gave him my deadliest glare, that made him rethink his actions. The way Hank was looking at Paige, it was if she was something to eat; a piece of meat. And that made me feel sick. 

We grabbed the pizza, and placed in between us on the long sofa, and turned on the lights. And we munched away, occassionally speaking, or commenting on how the competition was doing, and that leads us to now. 

"I can't believe you managed to eat that much! What are you?!" I exclaimed, my eyes nearly popping out of their sockets, as I took in Paige's position. She was lying on the couch, across from me, massaging her tummy after eating far too much pizza. I could hear her groaning and I burst out laughing, which caused me to get smacked in the face with a pillow, and I glared at her .

"Well! I wanted to show you that I could eat that much!" She shouted back, and I rolled my eyes, she was being so childish. 

"Well, you certainly managed to," I said, chuckling. And I went back to watching the movie that we had put on - The Devil Inside. Much to Paige's displeasure, she told me she was terrified of scary movies, which made me laugh, and get a smack to the back of the head. This girl was violent. We were only half way through the movie, and Paige was already whining about how scaring it was. I just told her to shut up, and went back to watching the movie. It wasn't really scary, and it was a bit boring. But I was just watching it for the satisfaction of Paige's reactions. She was right now hiding under a pillow, refusing to watch the movie, still rubbing her flat belly of course. 

"I hate you," she mumbled, making me chuckle.

"I love you too," I said sacastically, and then it went silent and a pretty deep awkward atmopshere clouded us. None of us spoke. Talk about awkward..... I sat their, hoping that Paige would break the silence. Which she did.

"Well, I'm away to bed, thank you for the pizza," She said, still not looking at me. 

"Well, it's your turn to pay next," I told her, trying to lift the awkward atmosphere, and it worked. Paige rolled her eyes at me, and punched my shoulder. Everything was back to normal and I let out a deep sigh. That really had been awkward, and uncomfortable.