Chapter 21 : Secrets

Paige’s POV

As we made our way to the room where the two intruders were imprisoned, the sound of thrashing became loud and louder.  By the time we reached the room, they slamming their weight against th bed which they were tied to. Their grunting screams thick of fury, but also with mercy. Something just didn’t seem right; they didn’t belong in our world, our environment. I could tell this from their calls of mercy and trembling voices. Someone like us, would be shouting and swearing, not begging.

As we entered the room, their begging became silent. But they continued to beg, but with their eyes. I could see the desperation and fear within their young, soft eyes. I noticed the other boys studying them. They’re faces stricken with confusion. Who were these boys? I recognised the one of the right.

He looked young, in the light. Initially; I thought the boys were in their early twenties, the darkness being the cause of this. But now, in the light, they mustn’t be much older than sixteen, seventeen tops. What are such young, naïve guys doing out here? I was determined to find out.

“What’s your names?” I asked boldly. They didn’t answer me and I could tell they were shaking. I asked again, but I lowered my voice. The boy on the left spoke first.

“I’m Jack,” He answered.

Jake had a mop of blonde hair, with blonde streaks. He was pretty muscly, but still had the little kid look about him. He belonged in high school, a basketball or a football player; surrounded with cheerleaders. They both did. I turned my attention to the other boy. The one I recognised.

“I’m C-Cody,” He stuttered, and then I knew who he was .

“You’re Cody Jenkins? I remember you. You’ve changed so much! We went to middle school together,” I smiled.

How I didn’t recognise him instantly, I don’t know. Cody and I had grew up together and we had been pretty close. We drifted apart in high school though. He was always the popular kid, and ditched me for them. Not that I was at school very often anyway. Cody and Jack both relaxed instantly, but they soon started shaking again, when Ross shouted at them. Poor boys .

“Why are you here?”  He demanded, and the boys realised he wasn’t joking around, and wasn’t going to take any shit from them.

“We were sent by Mark. He threatened us, and our families,” Cody explained quietly. Speaking softly like he was scared that Ross would blow his top. Typical Mark, threatening people. Ross continued to ask questions, but his voice was much softer this time round.

“What was your mission?” He asked.

“We were sent to give you this letter,” Jack answered, and tilted his head to the leather satchel which was at the other side of the room. Ross emptied the belongings, and they scattered across the floor. Phones, and money were the things that fell out, along with passports. Suddenly, there was a bang as something fell out of the satchel and thudded against the wooden floor, I jumped in surprise. On the floor, as a cold, shiny silver gun.

Ross’ POV

I was shocked as the gun fell to the ground. That was the last thing I expected to undercover in the satchel. How they had gotten through security with this baby? I’ll never know. I picked it up carefully and checked to see if it was loaded. I was relieved to see that it wasn’t. The gum was shockingly light. On the side, there was a small symbol beautifully caved into the side of the gun. It was a swastika. Many of them lapping over each other. I stared in amazement at the gun. I hated guns, but this one was magnificently stunning. It just had something about it. Gracefulness, elegance and magic.