Chapter 5

When I get home I feel ten times lighter than before. I can only visit the girls on Mondays every other week. It can be hard not seeing them every week, but their shows are being cut-down.

As I sit down for dinner I hear the front door open, I whip my head around and watch as Vex walks in and takes a seat next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I say in not the nicest tone.

He just smiles at me and bats his eyelashes in an innocent way and says " I'm here to eat dinner with my second family. Why? Am I not allowed to?"

I shut my mouth because I know that if I complain my mom will just throw out the fact that it's not uncommon for him and/ or his family to come over. And that he's my future brother-in-law...yikes.

"Yes, yes you are" I give him a sweet smile and he returns it, but It pisses me off because he looks so pretty. My Mom comes over and I notice a certain someone is absent. "Where's dad?" I ask Mom. Luca scoffs and I already know what's happening, but my Mother answers " You know how hard your father works, he's doing overtime right now" and smiles.

I shut my mouth and tighten my jaw. We all know that my father cheats and treats my mom badly, but we like to play happy family, and i'd rather not get in a fight right now.

Vex immediately changed the subject and started talking about the movie me and him watched last week, "The Titan ''. It's a movie about a man being transformed into a "Government mutant" so he could live on Mars.

Vex is convinced that something like that could easily be happening now, and the truth is I don't really disagree, but I've been pretending I do just to get a rise out of him.

" NO GANNET LISTEN TO ME, THE PILLS ARE no LIE, WHo KNowS what's going ON OUT THERE" I hold in a laugh as I say "Vex they aren't real pills, it's f i c t i o n." He makes an exasperated noise as he gets up from the table " You know WHAT, i'll spend the rest of my LIFE investigating the government JUST so I can PROVE YOU WRONG"

I can't hold in my laughter anymore and I get to the point where there's tears in my eyes. I'm not the only one, as I see that Luca is almost like me and Mom is giggling a bit. I catch a glance of Vex and he's pouting, he catches my eyes and gives me a smirk that makes me feel things.

When we clean up the table and kitchen, Vex askes my Mom if he could stay the night. She agrees quickly, mentioning that he doesn't need to ask and he just smiles. We walked up to my room and he expressed that he needed to take a shower and I sent him on his way.

As soon as he leaves I rush into my room to change into my pajamas ( an old oversized shirt with some shorts). I say "rushed" because I'd rather not have a cliche run in with a hot wet vex with me changing. Lord knows what I'd do.

I'm sitting on my bed scrolling through Netflix while I wait for Vex to get out of the shower. Right when I decided to just continue watching Criminal minds ( literally every one in that show is hot, <3 Reid) Vex bursts through the door in all his glory. His hair is mysteriously dry but his body is wet and the towel he's using is way too low on his waist.

I only allow my eyes to look for a second before I look away, but not too quick to where its obvious I'm trying not to stare "You up for Criminal minds?" I ask

"Uh yeah, you're kidding me" he says and walks over to my dresser, but then he looks back at me, more like my shirt. "Hey isn't that the shirt I left one time I came over?" I still think back, and then I realize that, yes, this is his shirt.

"Aw shit dude, sorry" but he just looks at me with this look and says "It's fine I'll just use another one" and he puts on the shirt. I'm worried he's about to just drop the towel and let his bits fly free as he puts on his boxer, but he just puts it on under his towel. I take this moment to look away, before it gets weird. I put on the episode and Vex climbs on the bed.

He's wearing grey sweatpants. He's wearing grey sweatpants.

I stay as calm as I can as he settles down next to me and puts his arm around the pillow around me. I've had plenty of practice acting like a perfectly straight man in gay fantasies like this.

We finish a couple of episodes before I feel myself drift into sleep.

I wake up with a warm body inches away from me. It's not the worst feeling, but when I get this tingling in my stomach I shoot up. I look over at Vex, whose shirt and sweatpants have magically flown off. Hate to admit it, but my queer self enjoys looking at how gorgeous he is.

Once I stop looking, it occurs to me that maybe ,just maybe, I should check the time. When I Look at my clock I almost start panicking, but I remember I don't give a shit.

I punch Vex as hard as I can to wake him. He jumps up "what the actual ever-loving fuck is wrong with you Gannet?" I smile at his reaction and say "We have school" and walk to my closet. I chose a simple button up shirt that gives 90's vibes and jeans.

When I look back, Vex has already gotten up and brushed his teeth. "What are you going to do for school?" He looks at me confused. "What do you mean?" I motion to his body "Your clothes" take them off. "Oh, I was just going to wear what I wore yesterday"

I scrunch up my nose "That's rancid vex, you can't do that, it's so... dirty" He deadpans. "fine , we have to stop by my house to get Alana anyways"