Chapter 1 | Ruby Ring

Shoto's POV

"What about this one?" I asked. Bakugo scoffed. "Deku prefers red, I keep telling you icy-hot!"

I looked at the sparkling rings on their cushioned holders. There were so many, I had no idea which one Izuku would like the best. The ring had to be perfect.

Bakugo had agreed to help me. He knew Izuku pretty well because they were childhood friends. He could probably help me find a good ring.

"Excuse me, sir, are you looking for anything specific?" The woman behind the counter asked.

"Actually, yes. Do you have any ruby rings?"

"Yes! Follow me," the worker said. She took me to a case full of ruby rings, all sparkling in the sunlight reaching through the window.

One caught my eye.

"Bakugo, what about this one?" Bakugo walked over and looked at the one I was pointing at.

The ring had an oval ruby and around it were little spike-looking things. It looked like a red sun.

It reminded me of how Izuku was my sun.

"I'll take this one," I told the lady. "WHAT AM I EVEN HERE FOR IF I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS A GOOD ONE FOR-" Bakugo exploded, but the lady behind the counter shushed him. 

"That'll be ¥164,244.75," the worker said. I handed her Endeavor's card.

Revenge, bitch. You don't like our relationship? I pay for the ring with your card.

His words rang in my head.

Flashback

"What the fuck?! You're gay?!" He screamed. Izuku's expression was the most hurt and angry I'd ever seen him. "I thought you wanted me to be happy! I thought you wanted to support me! So now, you berade me for dating a boy?!" I screamed back. "You both are going to hell! You both disgust me!" His flames were raging now. Mom, Natsuo, and Fuyumi watched with fear. "Dad, stop!" Fuyumi yelled, tears in her eyes. Mom was trying not to panic. She was out of the hospital. I didn't want her back in there. "C'mon, Izuku, we're leaving," I pulled him away and out of the house.

Once we were out of the house, I saw Izuku trying to hold back tears. "It's okay, you can let it out," I told him as I held on to him. I heard little sniffles and felt tears on my shirt. I didn't let go of him until he pulled away and said, "let's go home."

End of Flashback

I was honestly excited to propose to Izuku. We could finally be together.

Forever.

"You do realize how hard it is to be married and be a hero, right?" Bakugo asked. He was surprisingly calm.

"Yes, I do know how hard it'll be," I replied. I had thought about maybe to much.

"It's really hard being married. I'm constantly worried about Ejirou while we're working. Plus, we've been thinking about a kid..." Bakugo muttered.

A child? That's surprising for Bakugo...

"You better not tell anyone about what I said, icyhot!" He said. "I won't, don't worry."

___________________________

I stopped by Ms. Midoriya's house to tell her after I dropped off Bakugo. I knocked on the door and she opened it. "Why, hello Shoto! How are you?" She smiled. "Good, Ms. Midoriya," "I keep telling you, you can simply call me Inko. But nevermind that, come in!"

"Actually I came here to tell you something," I told her. "Oh? What is that?" She replied.

"I want to marry Izuku."

Inko stopped dead in her tracks. "Marry Izuku?" She asked. I nodded.

"Will you treat him well?"

I nodded again.

"Then of course! Izuku seems to really love you, and you're a good person," she continued. I gave a little smile.

"Thank you, Inko. I'm going to propose tomorrow in the dandelion field. We'll most likely stop by before we get there," I said. "I should probably go before he gets home." "Great! Good luck!" Inko called as I left.

A/N
Don't worry, the ring in US dollars is $1,500.
At least that's what I think. Google might not be accurate because I just searched "What is 1500 US dollars in yen"
Google, you better be right. The more money spent on Endeavor's card the better.