Chapter 7 | Funeral of the #1

Shoto's POV

"He was such an amazing student," All Might's voice boomed through the microphone, even reaching the people in the far back of the crowd.

I held onto Inko's hand as she sobbed. Bakugo was trying to hold in tears, but as Kirishima held onto him he finally let them go. Our whole high school class was here, along with our teachers.

Fuyumi and Mom on my side, with Natsuo and Enji.

Melissa and Dave, Katsuma and Maharo.

All of Japan was here or watching on TV.

Why is it so hard? Why can't he be here?

___________________________

The funeral was over, and I was going to stay with my family for a few nights. But as we walked out, reporters surrounded and bombarded me with questions.

"Hero Shoto! How are you dealing with the death of Hero Deku?"

"What do you think will happen after the death of the #1 Hero?"

Questions flooded my ears, and Fuyumi tried to deescalate the situation.

"Excuse me! We need to get home, maybe ask the questions later?"

Suddenly, one question caught my attention.

"Do you think your could've been fiancé's death was a punishment from God because you were gay?"

Everyone stopped and stared at the man who asked. Fuyumi, Mom, and Natsuo had disturbed looks on their faces.

"I think you need to go home. Your homophobia is not wanted here," I replied calmly. "Don't you have better things to do than bother someone who's partner was just killed."

I was desperately trying to not flip out.

"You're so horrible!" One reporter shot at the homophobic reporter.

The reporters let us through before continuing to yell at the man.

"I'm so sorry, Shoto!" Fuyumi wailed. "You're already going through so much!"

"Yeah, bro, it was really out of line! That guy's a bitch," Natsuo added.

"I wish there was more we could do more for you, Shoto," Mom agreed.

"Thanks," I answered. I really didn't want to flip out, especially with Mom here. She still gets a bit scared or nervous when there's loud noises, especially yelling.

As we got into the car, all I wanted to do was scream and just be alone.

A/N
Dear god homophobes suck. It's honestly fun to write them just because of the pure  n o n s e n s e  they spit out :)

Anyways I hate how my motivation just is nonexistent because I want to keep writing this story for you all to read but if I have no motivation it won't be good :c