So, Tell Me What You Want

🎧 Please enjoy the following song responsibility, and press play when you see where to cue the music.

"Montgomery!" Hunter's voice cuts through the trees as a brunette attempts to grab the green box from my hands. 

Apparently, she's never heard the saying finders keepers.  I think as I dodge her just in time.  She plummets to the ground with a thud, and I glide over the log just in front of me. 

I slide to a halt at the bottom of the hill. 

"Seven out of twelve.  Team Havoc's the winner of the scavenger hunt." Thomas announces over the megaphone. 

Several wolves nearby grab at their ears. 

"They earn a free night in human territory." I'm suddenly floored by his statement. 

This is a huge deal. 

Most of the packs don't let their unmated leave pack territory in fear of... well let's be honest there's a lot to fear when we are talking about a bunch of wolves in human territory. 

"The local bar is owned and operated by a she-wolf. She's offered to look the other way tonight and let you guys have a good time.  Just make sure you buddy up.  Those that leave together.... come home together.  Curfew's 1 a.m.   No exceptions!"

Nixon and Hunter are already in the cabin when I arrive. 

"How about you be my plus one Montgomery?" Nixon suddenly interjects as I flop onto the bottom bunk. 

"How about you be the third wheel man? Or better yet, find an interested she-wolf." Hunter says as he stands and pulls off his sweaty grey t. 

"Montgomery is interested, aren't you?" Nixon suddenly looks at me. 

I do my best to avert my eyes from Hunter's bare chest. 

"I- uh," I'm cut off before I can come up with anything. 

"I've already asked her." Hunter lies as he leans back and crosses his feet at the ankles. 

"You know, I don't think my sister has a date, uh, buddy for tonight." I correct. 

"Oh, that right? I better go change that then." Nixon heads out of the cabin with a little too much pep in his step. 

"I'm too tired to move." I complain. 

"Me too!" Hunter mimics my tone. 

I laugh at him.  "Carry me to the shower." I command  jokingly. 

His eyes suddenly soften. 

"Too bad there's no tub here, or I'd run us a bubble bath."

My breath catches. 

He doesn't seem to notice. 

"How about you take a short nap, and when I'm showered I'll wake you." I decide to take him up on his offer. 

**********************
*Cue the music*
I look at the impossibly handsome man next to me, and it stirs my insides into mush. 

In his white button down and jeans he looks more delicious than any man has the rite to. 

And he knows it. 

I decided the blue dress Nova had picked out for our first night needed to be worn, so that's what I had on. 

I did my best to replicate the large waves she always wears and was surprised when they'd turned out half as good as hers. 

We were currently riding in an old school bus.  I guess it was the best way to transport 20 and some odd werewolves. 

"Land hoe," Nixon shouted out when the bar came in sight. 

He'd convinced my sister to be his 'buddy' after all. 

I didn't miss the smile that occasionally spread across her otherwise perturbed features. 

Moments later and the bus screeches to a halt. 

Hunter stands up and offers me his hand which I reluctantly take. 

Once inside, he hands me a bottle that reads Blue Moon.

I take a sip and immediately notice the cool citrus flavor.

Two or three drinks later, Hunter pulls me onto the dance floor to some old country song. 

One arm wraps around me and rests on my lower back while the other hand grabs mine. 

He pulls me into him, and I'm buzzing to life. 

His lips suddenly press below my ear.  Breath fans my neck creating all sorts of goosebumps to rise across my skin. 

Every part of me hums with anticipation.

His hands thoughtlessly run up and down my back. 

"Hunter, we have to stop." I find myself saying. 

"I don't think I can." His voice is strained, and I'm moments away from throwing caution to wind and crashing my lips to his. 

Joelle suddenly yells out, "That's my song!" As I'm pulled out of Hunters arms as she sings loudly in my face.  "So tell me what you want? What ya really really want." Spice Girls blare out the speakers and see Hunter laughing at us.