Not In My Life

•{}+{}+{}+{}+{}+{}•

Brandon got in to the Academy and was just as much, if not more so, of a hot topic than Shay was. I was looking forward to tomorrow as I was going to get to spend the entire day with Aido. But first I had to deal with Spirit.

'Hello.' I wrote. 'I'm sorry it's been so long.'

'My lady, it's nice to know you're okay. Why did you stop talking to me?'

'You startled me when you said my name, that's all. And then my friend was in the hospital and ...' I stopped.

'I'm sorry to hear that. But more importantly, are you taking care of yourself? Drinking blood?'

'Yes. I don't like it though.' I wrote honestly.

'Why not? Blood empowers you, it enhances you.'

'What do mean, enhances?' I was curious.

'Did no one explain it to you? I'll have to punish the ones taking care of you for that.'

'Don't you touch them.' I wrote back, interrupting him.

'A crush on someone? I was hoping you liked me.' I blinked and shuttered considering this guy was my brother until I remembered what Aido has said about Purebloods, and Yuki and Kaname in particular.

'Maybe a little, I'll admit. But would you explain what you meant?' I wrote back.

'If a Level E drinks any vampires blood, aside from Purebloods, nothing usually happens. If a normal drinks an aristocrats or Pureblood's blood they get more power temporarily. Aristocrats get power from Purebloods and Purebloods get it from other Purebloods, all temporarily of course. That's why I said be careful who you give your blood to because your blood is even more special than that. As part of the Nakiza's, your cursed, and because of it your blood has special properties. Your blood can bring any vampire up a level, save for a level E that you bite. Depending on who they are they will either go to aristocrat or can even become a Pureblood vampire.'

'Really?' I asked.

'Yes my lady. I know because your blood changed me from an Aristocrat to a Pureblood.'

'Really? You've had my blood?' I asked.

'Does that bother you?'

'A little, yes. But it's late. I'm going to bed. Night.' I wrote.

'Good night my lady.'

•{}+{}+{}+{}+{}+{}•

I leaned back and stuck the top of my head in the water falling into fountain. I was falling asleep waiting for Aido, since it was later in the evening. "What are you doing?" I nearly fell backwards into the fountain when Zero walked up.

"Geez. You scared me." I said. "I'm waiting for someone." I added, shaking water from my hair.

"Who?"

"Does it matter?" I asked.

"I'd like to know." Zero said.

"Lady Nakiza?" I blinked and looked at the man that suddenly walked up next Zero. He dropped to one knee and dropped his head, bowing to me with a hand over his heart. Zero took a step back and his hand went to his gun but he didn't draw it.

"Yes?" I said hesitantly.

"You have been summoned by the Senate." He said. Zero looked surprised but I was confused.