Chapter 3

Lea continued her week normally. She would run to him every now and then. Though he was rude to her, that isn't a good reason for her to be rude at him. She wasn't raised to be like that. She just ignores him and pretends that he isn't there.

She was doing her usual stroll around the park when she saw him sitting on the bench. He looks to be sleeping and Lea's tired from walking and there's no seat available other than the space beside him. Lea just shrugged and took the empty seat beside him.

"It's you again." The man peaked his one eye open to look at her before closing it again. "At dito ka pa talaga umupo."

"Bakit? Sayo ba 'tong park na 'to? May pangalan mo? May pangalan mo? Binili mo?" Lea rolled her eyes.

"No."

That's what I thought, Lea whispered to herself.

"But I built it."

No shit.

Lea hid her embarrassment as her eyes widened. The man just smirked at her before letting out a sigh which pissed her even more. "'Edi wow."

Aga smirked at himself. What he said is true, he's the engineer that was commissioned to build the park. It's one of his treasured achievements and he comes here everyday just to relax and look at his creation.

"Architect ka pala." He heard her mumble.

"I'm an Engineer. I'm Engr. Ariel Montes."

"Ariel? Yung panlaba?" Lea giggled. Aga is deeply offended. He never had someone make fun of his name. That was a first.

"Laugh all you want, I don't care." Aga acted like it didn't bother him but it did. How dare she made fun of his name, it was his father's name. "Bakit ka ba nandito na naman? Sinusundan mo ako 'no? Crush mo ba ako. Sorry to break it to you, pero hindi kita type."

Lea gasped, looking at him in disbelief. "Ang kapal din ng mukha mo. Sobrang kapal talaga."

"Pogi naman."

"Yuck." Lea made a puking sound.

Lea is very talkative, she sure knew how to talk a storm away. Aga listened to her blabber about her work and how tiring and fulfilling it is at the same time. He kept his hands in his pocket as she rambled about how her day went. She told him how she got her initial paycheck and used it to buy herself a new game. What a waste of money, Aga thought but he didn't speak.

He showed no interest in her or in what she is saying, and would just sigh in relief when she leaves.

A couple of days passed and Aga finished his work early that day. He was walking to his usual place in the park when he saw that someone was already occupying it.

It was Lea.

She was wearing a white knitted sweater and sunglasses while she looked into the distance. Aga just shrugged and continued walking before stopping just in front of her. She didn't seem to notice his presence.

Lea only looked at him when he nudged her with his foot and even that, she didn't make a sound. She just scooted to give him a place to sit.

"You're awfully quiet today. Cat got your tongue?" Aga moaned, stretching his arms outward before collapsing on the bench. "Huy."

She looked over at him then turned her head away.

"What? Hindi mo ako kukulitin sa mga kwento mo? You're not gonna bombard me with your 'I do this, I do that'? Himala." Still no answer. Aga raised his eyebrows, now curious why she won't talk to him.