A Not So Grand Getaway

"Can you be my escort right now?"

Hoseok's eyebrows knit together. "Wait a second," He leaned over the basin and opened the tap, drinking, or rather filling his mouth with water. He leaned back and then squirt the water out of his mouth onto the basin.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Taehyung is startled by such weird behaviour.

"What!" Hoseok exclaims now, "Your escort?! Right now?!"

Taehyung sighed, "That was a bit overdramatic, now. And yes, right now."

"I think you didn't hear me properly, I said I'm already here with a client?"

"Then leave her." Taehyung says sternly.

"Huh. And who's gonna pay me the rest of the money? You? Mister, don't blame the player, blame the game. I ain't leaving without my bills." Hoseok rolls his eyes, unaware of his blabbering.

"I'll pay you twice- no, thrice the amount you're due."

Hoseok's eyes bulge at that. "What?! Wait a second," As he was about to lean over the basin again, Taehyung sprints forward and catches his arm.

"Do that again and I will have to punch you."

Hoseok stops, his lips pressed into disappointment but he just nods in agreement.

"Do you even know how much I'm still owed?" Hoseok asks with his arms crossed, foot tapping on floor impatiently.

"How much?" Taehyung adjusts his vintage frame over his nose. Hot.

"458K Won." Hoseok smirks in pride.

Taehyung chuckles, a smirk on his lips occur too, "Fine. Thrice the amount, I will pay."

Hoseok is startled yet again, his hands fall to his sides. "You can afford that much?"

"Without a sweat." Taehyung puts his hands into the pockets on his pant.

"What about advance?"

"What about it?"

"Can you pay right now?"

"Does it look like I'm carrying a million won in my pockets?"

"Not really..."

Taehyung sighs, "I'll pay you as soon as we get out of here. Just be my escort."

"Why are you in such a big hurry?"

"You're one to say when you were just ranting a while ago about your client. Don't you wanna get out? Especially when you're paid for it?"

"It's true... I do want to escape tonight's awful client."

"It won't be as awful if I'm your client. Trust me."

Hoseok smiles a little in a pouty manner. He hums in thought before nodding."Okay, as long as you're not scamming me. And won't kidnap me and then tie me up somewhere and-"

"Are you done?" Taehyung asks sternly, a bit annoyed and awkward. Hoseok stops and nods.

"So what role do you want me to play?"

Taehyung stares at him for long.

||

"Hey, I'm really sorry I got late. Actually, you wouldn't believe what happened. I met my cousin who's recently visited Seoul and there's been an emergency with his mother. So, I feel I should go and meet her tonight, see how she's doing."

"And where's this cousin?" A lady in yellow gown at the table asks.

Taehyung points far towards the reception where Hoseok is waiting for the signal. As the finger is pointed at him, he waves towards Taehyung.

The lady sighs. Her friends and Taehyung's acquaintances were also seated there silently. "Fine." She says, "I hope Aunt is fine. Go ahead, see her."

||

Hoseok waits for Taehyung who comes towards him.

"All done?"

"Yep, they bought it... What did you say to your client though?"

"Ex-client. And I told her the same thing, except she was kinda... really pissed. I don't think her friends were too happy with her behaviour."

"But wait, you'll really pay me right? It's not all just a big faux scam, right?"

Taehyung chuckles at his cautiousness. He grabs his arm and pulls him out of the restaurant.

"Where are you taking me?"

Taehyung doesn't answer clearly and brings him to an alley. Taehyung reaches into his coat. Hoseok is sweating profusely, fearful ,"Is this the part where you murder me?"

Taehyung frowns, "Is this a childhood habit of blabbering nonsense?" He pulls out a chequebook and pen.

"Who do I sign the cheque for? Hotline Hoseok or Just Hoseok?"

"Make it Jung Hoseok, please..." Hoseok says, pouting.

Taehyung writes him the cheque, with the amount over a million. He signs it and hands it over to Hoseok, "Don't worry, it's not going to bounce."

Hoseok takes the cheque in his hand, carefully reading the figures and a bright smile overtakes his lips. He looks up at Taehyung and says, "Amazing. Thank you! This is awesome!"

Taehyung only chuckles, "Alright, then. Thanks for your service, Mr. Jung. Bye." He starts walking away, leaving Hoseok confused and gaping.

"W-Wait!" Hoseok runs after him and grabs his arm.

"What?" Taehyung turns with a frown.

"I-I- Well, my principle is... If I'm paid... I should properly render my services."

"Well, you did me a huge favour, didn't you? That's all the service I required."

"N-No! That's not what I meant. See, you drafted me over a million won and you're my client now, and well... If you're not in a hurry... The night is still young. So I could still escort you to some nice place, and well... Accompany you?"

"Not sure if your company is something I can bear with. But what place do you suggest?" Taehyung's gaze turns deep in scrutiny.

Hoseok gulps, he needs a quick and interesting comeback, something that's going to impress...

"How about a strip club?"