chapter 15: Insanity for Tonight

Cosmo set up a COMPUTER to study from the questions for Columbia. "Do you have any NURSING experience?"

"Not hands on experience, but I learned it." she says.

"I see, so you didn't go to medical school?" Cosmo asked, trying to not sound strict about it, but openly curious. 

Columbia gave a think. "I did it at college." she says.

"Really now?" Cosmo raised an eyebrow.

Columbia nodded. It was an early course.

"I see..." Cosmo took note. "You do understand you will be seeing things like blood, sick people, you might just get queasy from someone who has the hiccups." He didn't intend on scaring Columbia with these descriptions, but wanted her to be wary of the things she would be faced with.

Columbia nodded. "I understand." she says.

"Do you have any special skills you don't need special training for?" Cosmo then asked.

Columbia wondered what he meant by that.

"Like, can you provide meals if someone needed them delivered to their room?" Cosmo explained, seeing how confused she looked. "Do you cook or would you prefer to deliver meals to patients?"

"Well, I've never cooked, but I can do the basic nursing stuff by theory." she says.

"Like what?" Cosmo asked.

"I know how to administer medication, I can do temperature, obs, pulse and breathing." she says.

"Oh, excellent..." Cosmo smiled.

Columbia smiled.

"Anything I should know about?" Cosmo asked. "Any weaknesses?"

Columbia gave a thought. Rocky still stood there in silence.

"Well?" Cosmo prompted.

Columbia told him.

Cosmo took note. "Very well, you shall be known as of tomorrow as NURSE Ansalong." 

Columbia smiled happily.

"And you, what do you do?" Cosmo looked to Rocky.

"Help her." Rocky replied, gesturing to Columbia.

Columbia grinned. "He's really strong~"

"Well, I hope he's good at assisting you." Cosmo smiled to them.

Columbia smiled brighter once she realized. Rocky smiled, looking forward to this.

"Welcome Nurse Ansalong and..." Cosmo looked to the muscleman. "I'm sorry, what was your name?"

Rocky froze, the one thing he couldn't say and it was a major part of him.

Laura smiled. "Rocky." she chirps, a tiny bit quickly from excitement.

"Ah, yes." Cosmo nodded, then filled out papers and name tags for them, then gave a contract. "Both of you please sign here."

Rocky noticed that Columbia's voice seemed higher when she was excited. He liked it. Laura signed her name. Rocky looked at the paper, looking enable to sign it.

"What's the matter?" Cosmo asked, merely curious, but not nasty. "Are you illiterate...?"

Laura smiled. "I'm going to teach him." she smiles.

"Well, do you mind signing for him then?" Cosmo handed the pen to the girl.

Laura signed his name, accidentally slipping on the O. So it looked like an I.