one

Every small town has a secret, ours has a game. The losers stay here where loosing is what we do best. The winners get out. In Carp, Texas out is the only place worth going. That's why player risk there lives to win. But the game isn't meant to kill you, and it won't if you follow one rule. Don't panic.

The truth is panic started like a lot of things around here, because it was summer and there was nothing else to do. The game had always started right after graduation and lasted throughout the summer. All graduating seniors are eligible to play. Sometimes 40 players enter, sometimes half that. But there is only one winner.

Each year there are new challenges, new players, new judges. But the game has ghosts to. We never have to say there names the know where to find us. They know we aren't going anywhere. Not unless we play.

Graduation had started at they were calling out people's names and they were going up there. "Natalie Williams" me, Heather and Bishop all cheered. "Yeah go Nat!" "Bishop Moore" "Heather Hill" "Kaylee James."

We walked out and I saw my mum. I ran over and hugged her. "Hey sweetie" she said as we pulled away from the hug. "Hey mum"I responded, "I've got to get back to work but I'm so proud of you and we will celebrate later" she spoke. "Yeah it's fine I'll see you later" I waved as she walked to her car and drove away.

As she left I noticed Heathers mum and sister leaving, I walked over and hugged her "we graduated" I spoke with a big smile. "Yes we did" she responded as Natalie and Bishop ran over, "giddyup bitch we're free "oh hi" heather responded laughing. Bishop adjusted Heather graduation hat "perfect" he spoke. "Let's get out of here" Natalie said "I am so done with this place" "same" I responded. "One... two.. three" we all threw are hats up in the air.