in the library - isla pov

The four of us are sitting around the table. Nobody's talking, and I'm not really a leader so I guess we'll just stay in silence.

I don't know what to tell them. I can't remember the past two days pretty much. I don't even know what really happened that day.

The walls start to fade and so does my mind. It's happened so many times before and now I'm getting really tired of it. I never remember it after, until the next time it happens. Once the wall stop fading, I'm in a new mind. Well it's still me in the inside and on the outside, but nothing I'm thinking or trying to say is actually heard by anyone else. It's weird.

In front of us the library is suddenly crowded with so many people. Brian and Valentina disappear and Micah looks around, unsure what to do. Oh poor Micah, he doesn't know what's coming for him. Don't mind this, strange mind right now. I have nothing to say to him though.

A toddler starts screaming and crying. Right in front of our table. Her parents try to calm the child down, but nothing's working.

"Brian," The woman, who I'm assuming is the mother of the girl, cries out.

"Don't call me Brian!" He orders her, violence and fear flashing in his eyes. "I'm James."

"Right, James. We should go." She tells him, trying to pick up the floor-pounding child. She's unsuccessful.

"Yes." He says and turns to walk out.

But they are stopped.

"Did you just call that man Brian?" A man in uniform asks the woman, who nods gullibly. "Brian Axti..." He says, "Your not supposed to be in this town." He tells the Brian man, who rolls his eyes.

"I have no reason to be kicked out of this town." He calmly says, throwing his arms up.

"Oh, but you do. Your father is a terrible man, and your mother is dead. But he didn't kill your mom, you did."

"I didn't." He whispers between clenched teeth.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we'll have to take this man out of this town, are you close with him?"

"I don't know him." She says and the toddler just screams louder than ever.

"Shut up young child!" The uniformed man yells. Instead of shutting up, she screams louder than ever. She moves her fingers slightly and the man falls to the ground.

Brian or James or whoever he is looks to the girl and frowns. "Oh, God no." He picks up his young daughter and heads towards the door.

"James!" The woman calls after him, running. Her pregnant stomach bouncing with each step. "JAMES!" She calls and they disappear outside. The rest of the conversation I can't hear. The walls fade and the library returns to normal. My mind's back too.

My brother, Valentina and Brian all turn to stare at each other.

"What was that?" Valentina asks.

"We don't know." Micah tells her. "But it happens a lot, and it's normally not too dangerous. It's basically the same thing that happened at the performing arts place, this time we just were already here before it started."

"Right, and why does it happen?" She has so many questions.

"We really don't know." He tells her, shaking his head. "I had a theory, but I really don't know anymore."

"And also, they called that man Brian. He kind of looks like you, Brian." Valentina says, turning to look at a shocked Brian.

"Yeah, because they were talking to me. Which I don't get why they were, I don't know who that kid or woman is." He says.

"Oh, but you do." The words roll right off my tongue. I don't know what I'm saying, or what it means but it feels right.

"What?" Brian asks and Micah stares at me.

I stay silent, looking at the three of them staring at me like I am about to explode or combust.