Chapter 14

They looks and see a chair with blood on it and some rope thats ripped. Wilbur pulls out gloves and Mayte looks at him a little weird cause he has gloves but he also pulls out a sample bag and puts some blood in the bag and picked up the rope and put the rope in another bag. He puts the bags in a box and hands the box and some gloves to Mayte. They get back to the car and start driving past the building.

Mayte: what do we do now

Wilbur: well we have to see if this is Julia's body but they must have taken her somewhere else

Mayte: turn left

Wilbur: What

Mayte: Turn left now

Wilbur turns left and they see an abandoned gas station. The exact one where Daya hide the body.

Wilbur: why are we here

Mayte: I don't know, I feel like something is here

Wilbur: fine let's get off and check

Wilbur brings a box and changes his gloves and Mayte does the same. They walk in. It was pretty old and rusty there was a rat that ran past them, the doors were rusty and disgusting, the place smelled of rotten flesh. The paint was all worn out and there was old rappers all over the ground that were covered in dust. They started searching and got to the restrooms. The walked in the males first and saw nothing and then walked to the girls. Mayte yelled as she saw the rotting corpse that had rats all over it. The rats had eaten most of the skin off leaving it sorta hard to see who the body was. Wilbur turned Mayte away and walked to the corpse. He grabbed a sample of what was left and they went back to the car. They got in and just sat there. Wilbur was confused on how Mayte knew that the body was there and Mayte was terrified at the corpse. Wilbur called his dad as they started driving home, he told him the address and then hanged up. Wilbur pulled into a gas station and put gas. They started driving home.

Wilbur: wanna go eat

Mayte: uh sure

Wilbur started driving to the nearest restaurant, they walked in and ordered their food. Wilbur looked Mayte dead in the eyes.

Wilbur: how did you know the body was there Mayte

Mayte: I don't know, I just had a gut feeling

Wilbur: there has to be more to the story then this, why kidnapped a girl in one place thats already far away and then take her to another far away place It just doesn't make sense

Mayte: well maybe by whatever is left of the corpse you can try to tell when they died, what if it isn't even Julia

Wilbur: it has to be, it would make no sense if it wasn't

The food arrived and they started eating. They finished and started driving home. The drive was silent the entire time. Wilbur dropped Mayte off and went home. Mayte walked inside to see Dayanara and William talking. They look up at the door and see her, she still had a splotches of blood on her gloves because she forget to take them off. She took of her gloves and threw them away and just walked to her room ingoring them try to talk to her. She hears a knock on the door and Daya walks in.

Daya: hey Mayte, where have you been

Mayte: thats none of your business

Daya: jeez why so sassy

Mayte: shut up

Daya: look Mayte I wanna talk to you about something

Daya was going to tell Mayte that she helped hide the body and that Daya killed Julia and that the had to avoid the abandoned gas station and to not tell anyone especially Wilbur.

Mayte: I think me and Wilbur found Julia's body

Daya: what

Mayte: we were driving and I had a gut feeling so we turned left and went to this abandoned gas station, we walked in and explored everything and then we got to the girls restroom and-

Daya: and what

Mayte: nothing im going to sleep now get out

Daya: okay goodnight

Mayte shuts the door on Daya and walks to her bed, she grabs her journal from her drawer and starts writing.

𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚐𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎, 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢, 𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢. 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢a 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎. 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚔𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚏 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚖, 𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚖. 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐.

Mayte closes her journal and puts it back in her drawer, she locks the drawer since it had other important stuff to her in there. She turns off her light and goes to bed.