A Normal Winter Day

Nea be like: Posting cringe? Not on my watch!

          It's Winter. For the Campbell residence that means snowball fights, snowman building, pumpkin spice, and Allen's birthday! Mana is obsessed with pumpkin spice. He drinks pumpkin spice tea so much that he even smells like it. Nea thinks it's annoying while Allen finds it admirable and astonishing.

          Winter is full of lights and flashy outfits. Food and presents are the main enjoyment of Winter. A lot of families like snuggling up next to a fire and/or watch TV. Streets are bursting with joy as snow falls from the sky. In the Campbell residence, today was a great day!

          "Nea, watch out!" Allen shouts as he shoves Nea to the floor. They hit the floor with a loud "oof!". Mana slowly goes over to them. Nea and Allen get back to their feet and dash out of the storage room. Mana tails behind them, drool dripping off his chin. The duo runs to the second storage room and hides behind a box. They cover their mouths so breathing can't be heard. In this spot, they're cornered. They wait there for what seems like an eternity until the fresh smell of pumpkin spice meets their noses. They go pale. 'Why'd this have to happen?' Allen thought.

4 HOURS EARLIER:

          "Mana, I want mitarashi dango!" Allen says. "We'll get some on our way back. Right now we have to go Christmas shopping for Nea." Mana says. "Okay, Mana," Allen says. The duo buckles their seatbelts and drives off to the mall. The mall is 20 minutes away. 

          They drive to the mall and go in. The duo looks around and notices something strange. People are walking around like they haven't slept in days. "I guess everyone's drained. from Christmas shopping." Allen comments. "Yeah, it's still unsettling that everyone is walking like that though," Mana says. Allen nods and they go over to Game Stop. 

          The cashier looks at the two and moves over to them. While doing that, Allen and Mana take notice that he looks alive but dead. "Hello?" Mana greets in a questioning tone. The cashier doesn't speak but gets closer. Mana wraps an arm around Allen and pulls him closer. Mana gets a bad feeling about this. "Um, sir?" Allen questions. The man tries to grab Mana but he moves away. "Dude, what are you doing!?" Mana shouts, attracting attention.

          People enclose them in a circle. The lightbulb in Mana's head flickers. "Allen, we have to go!" Mana shouts. "Why?" Allen asks. "Zombies are real!" Mana shouts and picks Allen up. They run past a couple of zombies until they get cornered. Mana's mind is running at a million miles a second. Allen huddles closer to Mana.

          Mana spots an opening, but it'll cost a sacrifice. He'll have to either ditch Allen and run or both escape and one gets bitten. Mana sighs, picking the second option. 'There is no way in Hell I am abandoning Allen.' Mana thought as he ran to the opening. He slides under the zombie's legs and stands again. A zombie grabs him, and as predicted, he gets bitten. Mana groans in pain and removes his shoulder from the zombie's mouth.

          "Mana!" Allen shouts. Mana smiles and runs past more zombies. "Whatever you do, do not let your emotions control you. Just go. Continue to walk forward." Mana says as they leave the mall. Mana opens the backseat door and shoves Allen in there. Mana goes to the driver's side and gets in. He closes the door and starts the car.

37 MINUTES LATER:

          "Nea!" Mana shouts. Nea makes his way to the front door of their house. "Yo, how's it go- Mana, what happened!?" Nea shouts. "Nea, people have gone mad. It's like a zombie apocalypse out there! Please take Allen and keep him safe." Mana says. Nea looks at Mana unsure. Allen goes over to the door and shuts it. He locks it. "I got bit on the way here, so don't even bother treating me. Just protect Allen." Mana says.