Chapter five - Release

Y/n pov

You laid in your room and sighed, you didn't want to sleep and your growing anxiety about tomorrow didn't help. You hear knocking but it was softer, you went to your door and cracked it open to see Remus knocking on Peter's door.

"Pete, I wanted to check-in. I lost my temper with you back there and I'm sorry." Remus continued to go on but you didn't want to listen in on the conversation. Tomorrow Remus and you would talk about your recent behaviour. Oh, joy.

You were losing yourself to your nerves, what if you had lost it all? What if Remus changed his mind? No, no you couldn't think like that.

You slipped into your bed and sighed, taking another potion Peter had made and you drink some water before drifting off.

You dreamt of all the anxiety of tomorrow, the fighting, the possible notion that Remus could kick you out, you ran through the inescapable scenario a few dozen times waiting for something to change but nothing did. You felt like you had abused his trust.

That morning being awake felt worse than being asleep, your stomach was aching, you may've looked back to normal but you felt the same, you ended up chugging water to help you calm down.

"Y/n, are you ready to come with me?" Remus asked you, he looked ready, washed, kind.

"Not really."

"I told you you're not in trouble but we do need to talk," He said with a smile.

"I know." You sighed. Why did you have to mess this up?

"So, will you follow me?"

"Yes." You said keeping your eyes are down.

"Tonks," Remus called, "we'll be in the basement, watch Peter for me while we're down there."

"Okay, no problem." She said with a grin.

You followed Remus down to the basement, when you got there it was one of the most terrifying things you have ever seen. The basement had a large thick metal door and when it opened it revealed claw marks everywhere on the walls which were made of solid concrete, alone with chains and shackles, there was some red on the furthest wall which was what you assumed to be dried blood.

"I know it's not pretty but it's practically soundproof and it's incredibly private," Remus said. You followed him in and the door closed behind you.

"Is this where you went all the full moons?" that was a dumb question, you scolded yourself.

"It's where I still go. To keep others safe, it's where Peter and I will be spending out next two full moons."

"Why am I here then?"

"We need to talk. You need to let out all that anger you're letting build up. So this room is soundproof, not much that can hurt you in here, we'll talk, and you can let out everything you are holding back." Remus explained.

"...okay."

"So, let's start how are you feeling?" He asked you.

"Fine."

"Let me rephrase. How are you feeling regarding Sirius's death."

"...I miss him."

"I understand, I miss hi-"

"Can you stop that?" You asked harshly.

"Stop what?"

"The 'I understand' thing because you don't! You keep saying you understand, because you lost your mother, because you lost Sirius, but we aren't the same, we lost them differently, stop pretending you understand what I'm going through!" you shouted at him, your anger flooding through.