"The Fun is All in the Chase"

Hey guys! New story! I think this one is better than my other one do please read and let me know what ya think! And as always follow me on twitter @TheTommoxxxxx THANK YOUUUU

********************

"JUST LEAVE THEN, LIAM! LEAVE AND FORGET ABOUT ME! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" I yell at my best friend as I start to cry. Well he used to be. Now he's leaving for X Factor tomorrow. Which I wouldn't have minded if he would've told me sooner. He just told me about 5 minutes ago. He's leaving at 9 AM to go to boot camp. He auditioned behind my back. He never told me anything about it and now he's leaving. We have been best friends since pre-school and we are insanely close. Or so I thought. Now he's just going to leave me for months. I've always loved him. I know, I know. It's so cliche that I would love my best friend but it's true. Now he's going to leave and forget all about me. He grabbed my wrist and gently pulled me towards him.

"Lily...please..." he started but I pull away from him.

"No, Liam. Just get out. Now." He looks at me with a hurt expression and tears start to form in his deep, brown eyes but he turns around and leaves. I collapse on my couch and cry my eyes out. How did this happen? How did I lose him so quickly?

*Liam's POV*

I have tears slowly rolling down my cheeks as I walk back to my car. I was so stupid. Why didn't I tell her? I didn't want her to get her hopes up that I would make it if I failed. I just didn't know how to tell her I was leaving so I kinda just didn't. That turned out to make things a hell of a lot worse. I had to leave my best friend and life-long crush. But what made it worse is that she was pissed at me and would probably hate me for the rest of my life. I didn't want to leave on a bad note so that night I tried endless calls and texts but she ignored all of it. She won't talk to me and I may have lost my best friend forever.

*Next Morning*

I was about to leave in a taxi to go to the airport. I was saying my goodbyes to my family and friends. But the one person I wanted to see more than anything wasn't there. I tried to stall in hopes that she would show up eventually. But she never did so I finally had to get in the taxi and leave without one word from her.

*Lily's POV*

I was laying in my bed. Liam was probably leaving right about now. My emotions were jumbled together. I was sad because I knew I was going to miss him, mad that he never told me and was leaving, and slightly happy for him for pursuing his dreams. Suddenly, my bedroom door flung open to reveal another one of my close friends, Lauren, in the doorway.

"Why didn't you come see Liam off? Why didn't you say goodbye?" she questioned.

"He obviously doesn't care if I say goodbye. If he did he would've told me he was leaving a long time ago," I responded, my anger powering over my other emotions.

"Lily, you know that's not true..."

"Whatever," I say and run my hands through my hair.

"He cares about you."

"Well, he didn't exactly show it. I don't care. Let him go off and make new friends and become famous and forget all about me..." I say as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"He won't forget you," Lauren says and hugs me.

"Whatever," I say again.

***************************

So what do you think of the first chapter? What do u think about what Liam did? Do u think Lily is overreacting? TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS IM INTERESTED!