Chapter 12

Ok, sorry it's been a while! So this chapter isn't really long but I really like it! Not to brag or anything but I do! So I hope you do too! Please let me know what you think! Comments mean so much to me! Even if they're negative I don't care! Enjoy! :) xx

***************

I see Liam with that girl. Her perfect body, her perfect hair, her perfect everything. He pulls her by the waist and presses his lips to hers passionately.

"How could you!?" I yell, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Why would I choose you? You're not as skinny, as beautiful, as funny, and you're just going to die soon anyway. Might as well move on sooner rather than later," he spat.

"I-I thought you l-loved me!" I stutter through tears.

"Why would I love you?" he responds and starts snogging the girl again....... I wake with a start. It was a dream, but it is also my reality. Liam didn't care about me anymore. I roll over in my bed, not caring that it is well past noon. I press my face into the pillow and release more tears. Moments later my phone rings. I roll over reluctantly and grab it.

"Hello?" I say, trying to disguise the tears.

"Hey, Lily," I hear Zayn's voice say gently.

"Oh, hey, Zayn."

"How are you?"

"Oh, just dandy," I mutter sarcastically.

"Listen, Lily, Lia-"

"Zayn, if you're gonna talk about Liam and how he loves me and how he didn't cheat on me, I'm just gonna hang up."

"But-"

"Zayn," I warn.

"Fine...but he did tell me what the doctor said..." I feel my heart sink even more. "Do you wanna go get some coffee?"

"Sure, I'd like that."

*Liam's POV*

I'm laying in my bed, head buried in pillows. I relived memories in my head over and over again. The time Lily and I got into a sand fight in the sandbox when we were five. The time my sisters told her I had a crush on her when we were seven, she squealed in disgust and I denied it. All of the times our parents talked about us growing up and getting married. All of the times she stood up for me against the bullies and comforted me. When she told off the girl who rejected me countless times, telling her how she'll never find anyone better. I think that's when I realised I love her. The times we would study together, but end up talking about pointless things. When we would make weird faces at each other in class and then get yelled at for laughing. When we would sit in the park, on the benches, and she would rest her head on my shoulder. It was in a friendly way, but I wanted it to be more. All of the movie nights and popcorn fights. When we would walk home from school and she would tell me she was tired, so I would carry her home on my back. But one memory keeps popping into my head and replaying again and again.

*Flashback*

He had broken her heart. Ditched her. How could he do that? How could anyone do that to her? HER! Of all people. We were in my living room on the couch and her face was buried into my shirt, soaking it with tears.

"H-he said h-he found someone else. Th-that he j-just didn't feel that way a-anymore. And he l-left..." she trailed off moistening my shirt even more. I felt tears well in my eyes. I hated seeing her hurt. She didn't deserve this.

"Hey, he doesn't deserve your tears. He let you go, when he'll never find anyone half as good as you. This will be the biggest mistake of his life," I encouraged while rubbing her back. She looked up at me, eyes swollen and red. A year rolled down my cheek at the sight of her like this.

"L-Liam, you would never hurt me...would you?" I pictured us together. I could never cause her to go into this state.

"Of course not, babe," I said, wiping her tears away.

*End of flashback*

But thats exactly what I did. I hurt her. I told her I would never hurt her and I did exactly that. She forgave me once and I screwed it up again. I'm an awful person. I groan as my phone rings. I accept the call and press the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say, emotionless.

"Liam!" Zayn's voice, trembling. At his next words, I was on my feet and dashing out the house. "Come quick, something terrible has happened!"

****************

OH FUCK CLIFF HANGER! DUH DUH DUH! What do u think happened?