Part 6

He spent a lot of words to persuade his uncle, and after getting permission, he always took Jimmy with him to familiarize him with their business. Some people were not satisfied with this arrangement, but for his face, they Can't embarrass Jimmy either.
The good thing is that Jimmy is quite smart, much more agile than his two former subordinates. He even doubts his previous views, maybe Jimmy can make a difference in this business. The disadvantage is also obvious: he has to face his friends all day, which makes it difficult for him to concentrate.
He almost wanted to praise his restraint, but when Jimmy smiled at the dark-haired girl standing next to them tonight, that restraint almost disappeared.
He watched the girl approach through the crowd and put the wine glass on the bar. She had a pair of plump and charming lips.
"Monica." The girl smiled and told them her name, her eyes fixed on Jimmy.
"Jimmy. This is my friend Noble." Jimmy responded. There was a natural shyness and cautiousness in his smile, like a teenager who had dated his beloved girl for the first time, and Noble knew how attractive he was.
"I also have a friend at that table," the girl raised her chin to indicate the direction, "Do you want to sit down?"
The blond girl in the distance raised her glass towards them.
Jimmy asked Noble with his eyes.
At night with nothing to do, a little alcohol, and two beautiful girls, everything seems natural, no one would refuse such an arrangement unless he wanted something else.
He smiled and shrugged at Jimmy in welcome.
"Sorry," Jimmy said back to the girl, "We will have an appointment later."

Noble didn't speak on the way out of the bar, nor did Jimmy. They got into a taxi and Jimmy reported the address of his apartment.
He didn't know what would happen until they got out of the car and entered the apartment elevator. Jimmy's fingers inserted into his curly hair. He looked at him and made sure that he would not be wrong.
If his friend wants him at the moment, he is willing to give him everything. He knew he had messed up this time-he shouldn't have let himself sink too deep, but fortunately it was Jimmy.

***

The gun was taken away from Noble's waist, and the tall plainclothes police officer pressed his shoulder until the youth signaled.
He hadn't been here before, he was only familiar with Jimmy's neatly packed bachelor apartment. In the noble residential area of ​​Bay Ridge, a beautiful red brick house, Jimmy walked out of it and put his hand in his pocket.
Phillip had talked to him several times and told him that he was worried about the people around him—their new business was spotted by the police as soon as they started, a large number of goods were confiscated, and three brothers were arrested.
He couldn't explain to Phillip why he let Jimmy stay by his side. He couldn't say because his nephew was sleeping with this person and enjoying the feeling of being pressed under him.
When Phillip released the bounty news, he was just thinking about how to protect Jimmy.
He should have been smarter, he never mistakenly identified a policeman.
"I'm a police officer from the New York Police Department." The young man said to him, his tone calm as if he was talking about the weather.

***

The narcotics and painkillers made him feel dizzy, as if he had knocked on low-quality medicine.
A young nurse gave him a regular check-up and told him to ring the bell whenever there was a problem.
He winked at her, trying to say a few funny words, but was robbed of attention by the person who opened the door.
"Danny Reagan," waited for the nurse to bring the door, approaching the bed with a man in a gray suit with a flat head and showing him the badge, "I have some questions for you about what happened last night."
"Reagan?" he asked.
"Ok."
"Where is Jimmy?" He realized that he had made a mistake when he said it. "I mean, Officer Jamison."
"He's okay," the detective stared at him, scanning from the bandage on his shoulder to his pale face from blood loss, his tone no longer as tough as before, "I need to know what happened last night, are you willing to cooperate? "
He nodded. Thanks to the effects of drugs, he is now probably the most docile gang member in New York.
The detective took out the paper and pen, then stopped to look at him.
"What?" he asked.
"I'll tell him that you are awake. When things are done, he will come to see you." said the man who has the same surname as Jamie.
"Oh," he said.