13

Two weeks later, things were getting back to normal. Scar, Grian and Mumbo met up every day, sometimes for three hours and sometimes for twenty minutes. It depended on the day. Mumbo had gone back to his redstone projects, Scar was back in action as mayor and Grian was planning a prank and once again restocking the Barge. Xisuma checked on them a few times, pleased to see that they were resuming their normal activities. Scar had managed to get Cub to relax.

A month later, they only saw each other every few days. Scar worked up the courage to ask Cub why he'd been so protective and a few days later they announced their relationship. Mumbo finished his recent redstone project and Grian, after entering the industrial district to look for him and seeing a shiny new button, broke it. It was only a small break though and Mumbo managed to fix it within another few days.

Two months later, everyone looked at them normally again. They didn't look at them and see what Sam had left behind, and instead saw their friends again. Grian told Xisuma about Sam, who he was and how he knew him. Xisuma was shocked to find out that Sam had been there before without his knowledge, but ultimately left him alone about it. It was in the past.

Four months later, the memory of Sam seemed distant. Grian had no nightmares. Mumbo suggested they had a picnic and he accepted the invite. They found a flower forest biome untouched by any hermit's building or shenanigans and sat down together.

They talked about anything and everything.

It was calm, peaceful, nice.

Grian leaned against Mumbo, giggling at one of his stories about a time he'd tried to make an automated chicken farm but one of the baby chickens had kept trying to eat the redstone.

Another month later and everyone was together, happy, smiling and excited.

They stepped into the portal Xisuma had set up and came out into a fresh new world. The world of season eight.

Aaahhhhhhh it's over! I hope you enjoyed it even though it wasn't my usual quality of writing - I honestly just wanted to write something I'd finish. Thank you for the reads and votes you beautiful people!

~ Xanthicat