(rewritten) Weird Gem

got the inspiration for this story from @lightstargamer

Esme was so happy to be back at the Dinosaur museum, she parked her truck at the loading dock, Esme removed the cream coloured tarp to the massive deinosuchus skeleton that she found "what an impressive creature...must have been powerful!" Esme thought as she grazed her fingers over the beast's ribs, her fingers rolled over a small crack which emitted a slightly orange glow "odd?". she ran to the front of the truck to retrieve a chisel and hammer and began to pick out the strange crystal, once it was free Esme put the crystal in her pocket.

"hello Esmarelda good to see you back from your trip, how was it?" Miss.Morgan asked as she placed a hand on Esme's back, "it was great, as you can see me and my dig team found an official deinosuchus skeleton!" Kendall looked over the fossil "I'll call the 3 new workers to help move this fossil!" Kendall typed at her tablet and pushed her glasses up, "ok, if that's all well and good should I help with the café like last time?" Miss. Morgan nodded as Esme walked into the museum and finally into the cafeteria.

As Esme walked in she was met by a black-haired girl with a pink jacket "who are you?" as asked as Es realised she wasn't wearing her name pin, but before she could protest a strong pair of arms wrapped around her waist which pulled her up into the air "Esme good you back!" it was Koda "thanks Koda now could you please let me go before I die!"Koda let the girl go "you guys must be the new Employees, the name's Esmarelda but you can call me Esme!" she explained as the three said their names'.

since she didn't know half off the new staff, they all told her their names and what they liked. 

"Riley that's a nice name!" Esme thought as the last said their name. "wait, Miss. Morgan said she needed your help with the fossil me and my team uncovered!" "what sort of fossil?" Shelby asked as Esmarelda checked the grill "just a full deinosuchus I helped uncover!" Esme said as she wiped her hands with a towel everyone thanks Esmarelda but she had no idea on what was going on, Riley quickly put a piece of paper in her pocket as the overs left all Esme could hear was "energem" "what's an energem?"Esme thought as she began to wipe down the grill since her shift had just started.