Thank you for saving me

"Why were you out here at 1 o'clock anyways?" Luke asks.

"I think I can walk now." He sets me down, and we walk next to each other. "Well, nobody likes me, everybody hates me, so I have a social anxiety disorder. So that's why I usually stay inside or walk at night. Music also helps. Your music, too." I say. 'Emma...don't ramble.'

"Well..." He stopped, and I realized I never told him my name.

"Emma."

"I love that...well, Emma, I'm going to take you to the house and clean you up, okay?" Luke says, smiling at me.

"Thank you." I smile back.

Luke stops, so do I. He looks at me underneath the lamppost. He grabs my chin, and holds it up at an angle. He looks into my eyes, and his eyes move around. "Man...he freakin' got you." He says in his Australian accent.

"Yeah...can we just put this behind me..." Tears start to sting my eyes as I wipe them away.

Luke pulls me into an embrace, and strokes my hair, whispering, "It's okay." over and over. I pulled the sleeves of my flannel shirt up, and wipe my tears. Luke looks down. "Emma." He says under his breath. He grabs my arm, and looks at the mutlitude of scars. "You're worth so much more than that. Why? You're gorgeous, you're funny, you're kind, honest, I like your music taste. You're everything any guy should have in a girl." His voice is hushed, and he pushes my bangs behind my ear, as I cry even more.

"I should just kill myself. The earth would be so much better off without me, I'm useless and pointless."

He pulls me into a hug, and I cry into his shirt for about 3 minutes, while he sang over and over: 'You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when the skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.'

"Thank you for saving me, Luke." I say, half sobbing still.

"Any guy would've saved a beautiful girl like that from that man." He whispers, still stroking my hair, in our tight embrace.

"No...for keeping me alive. You've saved me. You and the guys are the reason I'm alive right now."

"We need you, we love you, and we want you."

We hug for a moment longer, then we walk, hand in hand to the guy's house.

"Emma...do you mind if I take you on a date tomorrow night?" He nervously asked.

"Not at all." As soon as the last word escaped my mouth, it started pouring down rain.