Masquerade

"do not mistake me for my mask. you see light dappling on the water and forget the deep, cold dark beneath." - Patrick Rothfuss

" - Patrick Rothfuss

The day had started much like any other

The day had started much like any other. She'd woken up to her blood-bonded's kisses, they'd shared a wonderful shower that had made them more dirty than clean, and he'd made her breakfast.

It had begun going downhill with Caroline's arrival, which usually brought a smile to Thea's lips. Currently though, the blood-witch was twitching with anger, pacing back and forth in front of her 'sister', rage burning through her veins.

"Could you stop pacing please, you're stressing me out," mumbled the blonde, huddling into herself.

Thea raised her head to hers, expression contrite, "Sorry," she murmured, "I'm just angry and Stefan's taking way too fucking long."

"Here," Damon appeared with a crystal glass in hand, filled to the brim with blood. He handed it to the blonde with a small smile, and she took it with a flicker of gratitude in her expression, before it shuttered into fear once more.

"I'm still shaking," she admitted, motioning towards her hand, which was indeed shaking minutely.

She took a deep drink, as Stefan appeared with a concerned expression carved into his usually brooding features. "What happened?" He asked.

"Go ahead, tell him." Said Damon, looking at his brother with a small smirk, he added, "You're gonna love this."

"I saw Katherine today." The cheerleader explained.

"Where?"

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt."

She began telling them the story, explaining how she'd gone to observe Matt.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it." Interrupted the blue-eyed vampire with a roll of his eyes.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus." She continued, ignoring him. She proceeded to inform them that Katherine had ac costed her in the Grill's bathroom with a supposed message for the brothers.