to practice an ollie

After the first week midoriya was feeling more confident out of school than in it. Aizawa announced that they were having a sports festival and All Might told him to show everyone hes here. Midoriya actually didn't want to compete in the festival. He was perfectly fine with living in the shadows for another year. He wasn't scared just... content.

Outside of school it was a diffrent story. He quickly took to the skateboard, even riding it to dance practice. He doesn't think he could ever were a skirt and ride the skateboard though. It was out of fear to be peaked on if he fell. He hoped that one day, preferably before the year ends, he could do a flip!

Dance with mina was even better because he completed his first routine yesterday! Sure it was simple and short but he was proud anyways.

Now with it being Saturday, he had some extra time. He made it his personal goal to do an ollie. And he was dambed if he wasn't going to do it!

He first tried doing one in his house.

It sounded stupid to him as well when he thought back on it. He thought he could do it inside since 'it wouldnt need much space mom. Dont worry.'

Of course he was sent out after 3 minutes because it was very loud and it turns out you need alot of space.

He figured that he could go down to an old skatepark and watch people skateboard for a little then go somewhere else to practice. He wasn't doing doing it in the skatepark out of embarrassment.

After a couple unsuccessful searches on google maps he eventually found the skate park

After a couple unsuccessful searches on google maps he eventually found the skate park. It looked old but it was definitely in use, at least on the pictures.

After a 20 minutes of walking he arrived. he wasn't confident to ride somewhere unknown. There were a couple of friend groups around but some solo skaters too. It relived him immensely that everyone was respecting boundaries and overall being average introverted teens.

20 minutes filled of bails, tricks and a couple flips izuku stood up. He was sat down on the side of a small stone fence that no one was near to watch people.

He made his way round the corner into a long alleyway type place.

(Shorter and building on the left instead of a brick wall)

"Nice! This is the perfect place to practice!"

Over the next hour he repeated Ollie's and took a few breaks. He managed to get the ollie down and can do it about 50% of the time. he thought it was good but realised that he wouldnt be able to do it consistently on hills, up or down curbs and on uneven ground.

He also realised that bakugous old skateboard was exactly that. Old. He would need to go to a shop and buy a new one after all.

"Midoriya?"
"Huh. Jirou?!"
"Um, yeah. It's me."
"Um. H-how long have y-you been there?"
"A-about ten mituetes I think?"
"Oh o-ok then."

Horror. Horror is all he felt. How had he not noticed her sooner!

He didn't want to deal with this. Nope. Nope, Not at all.

Two. TWO classmates now know about what he can do! It hasn't even been a two weeks yet!

"Midoriya?"
"Uh yeah?"
"What were you doing?"
"Oh, uh. I kinda started skateboarding and I wanted to practice jumping?"
"Why is that a question?" Jirou was in her comfort zone now so she felt banter was necessary to lift the tension.
"I dont, um, I dont know what you mean."

This was going to be a longer day than he thought.