Flame

Previously, George became intoxicated in a desperate attempt to forget Dream's previous actions. However, in his drunken state, George still couldn't escape the warmth.

Three days. It had been three days since George streamed because, frankly, he didn't trust that Dream would behave. George, himself, already started second guessing his feelings for the green bitch and he didn't need the viewers to be doing the same.

The boy ran a hand through his hair, reading Heatwaves over again. He shook his head, hating the way that the story had begun affecting his life. He couldn't help but freak out when Dream sent him a message, complaining that his AC had broken.

So ironic.

George got to the chapter. The chapter that sent him into a spiral for days. Chapter 8. This chapter was both his favorite and least favorite. It painted himself and Clay in a very... intimate light. Similarly to the stream chapter.

This time, the words on the screen hadn't had an everlasting affect on George and he was truly grateful for that. His mind numb to the emotions it was meant to bring.

He reached his favorite part and shut it off, knowing it wouldn't be a good idea for him to continue.

Suddenly, his phone chimed, a notification popping up on his lock screen.

Green Bitch sent you a message!

'Are you available to record the next manhunt?' George sighed in relief, half wishing the message said something else.

'Yup! I'll join the call right now.' Before Heatwaves entered their lives, George had been so excited for this manhunt, but he forgot about it entirely.

Dream and George had gotten a proximity voice mod and it would be the two of them versus five others.

George joined the call, his mind wandering elsewhere. Shortly after joining, they started.

Thirty minutes passed, George and Dream had gotten away from the others.

"Alright we need pearls." George nodded, following Dream through the forest. His mind drifted to chapter eight...

'Alright stream, what are we gonna d-dOoo-' he gulped, realizing his mind betrayed him.

"Got one!" George smiled, his mind racing.

Slowly... taking him in- George shook his head, mumbling to himself.

"Fuckkk," the brunette groaned, Dream began to get suspicious.

"George? You okay?" Clay questioned. The brunette whimpered, covering his mouth and widening his eyes. "Oh..." the two sat in silence for the next five minutes. Dream being the first to speak up.

"I'd help you if I were there..." George shook his head, not understanding why Clay insisted on frustrating him.

"Why do you always do this, Clay?" He inhaled sharply, barely able to focus.

"I'm serious, George. I would. In any way I could." George couldn't speak. His words came out as nothing but muffled noises. He struggled to play the game, hardly making it through to the end of the recording session. He sighed, relief filling him as he shut his recording off, left with a raging hard-on.

Immediately, a soft noise left his throat, causing Dream to chuckle.

"I don't even need to say anything for you to get bothered anymore. You're just always horny." Clay laughed and the Brit groaned.

"Stop, Dream. You're making it worse... so much worse." He sighed, his eyes closing instinctively.

"I really do melt you, huh?" Another smirk found its way to Dream's face as he spoke.

"Yes Dream, you do! You fucking-" George calmed down for a moment. "You melt me, Clay. Like a flame atop a candle, you melt me until I'm gone. And it's all because of that stupid fanfiction... plaguing my mind for the rest of time. You're my heatwave, Dream- and this one shows no signs of passing." George couldn't fathom what had just left his mouth. He clasped a hand over it, not wanting to keep talking.

The two were silent for ten minutes before one of them spoke up.

"I'll fly to you." George's eyes widened.

"W-what?" The green eyed boy chuckled.

"I'll fly to you. You can see if your feelings are real or not. Maybe we can... do something about your issue." The British boy shook his head, thinking it would be a terrible idea.

"Dream that's- you're crazy!" George's mind quickly became distracted from his other problem.

"What's so crazy about it, baby? Can't imagine me fucking your brains out?" George rolled his eyes.

"I'm not dealing with your shit right now, Clay. Knock it off." He placed his head in his hands, thinking. "And what if they are?"

"What if what is?" Clay asked.

"My feelings- what happens if they're real?" Dream hummed.

"Then maybe mine are too." Shock. The only emotion George was able to comprehend in that moment was pure shock.

"But- you're... you- what?!" George was clearly flustered, unable to speak coherent sentences anymore.

Dream chuckled.

"I'm not straight if that's what you're about to say." George's eyes widened further. "I'm bi."

"And you weren't gonna tell me that BEFORE you started teasing me?! Dream for the last two weeks I've been thinking there was something wrong with me and that I was taking your jokes too seriously- and you're telling me that you- you're..." George pinched himself, assuming none of this was reality. But it was. It was his reality.

"Yes. I'm bisexual, George." Clay chuckled once again, finding George's reaction funnier than he should. "And I really did mean it when I said I would help you... Heatwaves has us all fucked up, man. I know how bad it is to be undeniably horny and unable to fix it." The two shared a sigh.

"God, Heatwaves. I didn't expect it to do this to me. You know, before I read it- I never thought of you like that- I just didn't."

"I didn't either, Georgie." The brunette found himself falling against his bed, still in shock. "And then when you muted me I just- couldn't hold it in anymore. I almost can't think of anything else, now. Just- 'get George flustered' and nothing else." The two shared a laugh, both unsure what would happen.

"You should." Dream furrowed his eyebrows. "Fly out, I mean. It'd be nice to meet the green bitch I've been best friends with for so long. And obviously- you know the other half of it."

Dream clicked through a few websites, finally purchasing his ticket.

"Done. October 29th." George groaned.

"That's two weeks from now! There weren't any open earlier?" Clay laughed mischievously.

"There were... but I need a bit more time to mess with you, baby. It's just so fun."

"Fuck you, Clay." George huffed.

"Gladly."