2.

The next week was probably the best of her life. There was a slave that would always come up to the doors and talk to her. He was just there to sweep the floors, but he found that her stories were interesting to listen to, and she was all alone, so he figured she needed someone to talk to. He would come up to talk to her about 3 times a day, with the excuse that the floors needed some heavy treatment, and he would stay for around 2 hours. Melissa never saw his face and she had no idea what his name was, but she was very happy to talk to someone who understands what it's like to be under the control of Death.

Then, on the last day of the week, the slave made up some sort of excuse to get Melissa out of her room. He told her that he had the key to the wooden doors and at first she didn't believe him, but then the doors opened, and she saw him. There was a scar that ran down his face from his right eye to his lips, he wore clothes that were literally made from wash rags, and he had no shoes to cover the cuts on his feet.

Melissa was shocked, "Did my father do this to you?"

"Do what?"

"Cut your face and feet?"

"The clothes are from Death, but I've had the scars since I was a baby, at least that's what Oxanna says."

"Oxanna? Why were you with Oxanna? She's evil!"

"Oxanna is my mom, she adopted me a long time ago"

"Why aren't you dead?"

"Why would I be dead?"

"Oxanna is a terrible person, she would kill anyone she gets her hands on, and for you to be her adopted child, and still alive, you must be important to some sort of evil plot."

"Well I don't believe that for a second, your dad must have put a lot of crap in your head. Oxanna wouldn't hit a fly."

"Do you think I'm stupid, don't answer that. Oxanna has tried to kill me ever since I was born, and you must be her plan. Oh! You were sent here to kill me, and good luck with that, I'm impossible to kill, I always come back."

"I don't want to kill you, and I know that you can't die, and I also know that Oxanna wants to kill you, but she wouldn't use me as a weapon. She's my mother."

"I don't think she would tell you that she wanted to use you to kill me, but I do think that you are part of her scheme. And if you're not, then why did you open my doors?"

"Just follow me and I'll show you"

"I don't even know your name."

"I'm Matt, Matt Jones."

"Okay, I'll go, but where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere you've never been before," With that, Matt went into the hallway, opened a window and jumped out.