The Dinner

Everybody went inside and started settling on the dining table. Gaytri called bebo and kitty to join in for the dinner to which they made faces when they saw anokhi present for the dinner. Shaurya dragged anokhi and made her sit beside him, which was not liked by devi since all the daughter in laws of the house have to serve before they sit in for dinner, and since she does not consider anokhi as the daughter in law she could not pin point that out!
The family sat for dinner and kanchan and gaytri started serving dinner on which anokhi was surprised. "Kanchan di, gaytri aunty aap bhi bethe na! Saath karenge dinner" . Both the ladies were shocked and the entire family looked at anokhi as she have commited some crime. Though shurya tried to stop her but after all she is anokhi. Sunti kaha hai kisi ki. Devi sternly said that "the daughter in laws donot sit before serving the family" which again surprised anokhi. The family seems to be really modern when looked from outside but their mindset still resides in the age of illiterates, who asks the ladies to serve now, don't they have their own hands to do it.
"par humsab kai pass tou haath hai, tou wo kyun serve kar rahi hai. Aur agar wo kar rhi hai tou phir tou aap bhi is ghar ki bahu hai na, aap aur main bhi yahi karte hai. Take equality tou ho atleast." anokhi said really calmly. Shaurya looked at her shockingly, no one has ever said that to badi maa, but not everyone is anokhi." aaai badi maa, hum bhi serve karte hai phir sab ladies baad main milkar saath khaingi, maza aaiga" anokhi said and started standing up to which devi looked at her husband for some reply. No one has ever made her realize that even though she rules everybody's live, even she is the daughter in law of the Sabherwals. Tej could not answer to what anokhi has questioned, this girl always left him speachless and this was yet another moment. He could not speak in favour of his wife neither he could let her do the work so he ordered both gaytri and kanchan to sit, we can serve ourself. Shaan was shocked and yash was contended to finally have someone who could speak against the wrongs in Sabherwal house without creating a choas. Anokhi waqai jugni hai.
All of them sat, bebo and kitty though didn't like anokhi but were happy to have their mother sit with them for dinner once, they could finally have a meal as a family. Devi had already started to feel the foundations of Sabherwals shaking, and its just one dinner with anokhi. What is gonna happen when she is gonna come here, the thought itself is terrifying yet something to look foward to. As everyone served them and started eating, anokhi looked around and thought how can these people even eat dinner without talking, come on its a family dinner, you are suppose to talk and this was making anokhi restless. She cant sit without talking "kiya karoon main aise tou khana utre ga hi nhi mujhai aur yai PS dekho kaise kha rahe hai, jaise wapis khana millega hi nhi. Dekha jai tou sab hi aise kha rahe hai jaise kisi jaldi main ho. Kiya in sab ko saath bethna pasand nhi hai?" anokhi murmered to herself so lowly that even shaurya and kanchan cant hear her who were sitting beside her." okay i need to speak nhi tou yai khamoshi mujhai pagal kardegi" anokhi decided in her mind.
"Kitty, bebo kiya aap dono nai economics kai quiz ki tayari karli hai" anokhi asked the sisters because she could not think of anything apart from talking to them as they were her age. Both the sisters were shocked where as anokhi took a spoon of full of rice and put in her mouth. Everybody stopped eating and looked at her, its new you donot talk on the dining table, it was a silent affair in sabherwal house. She looked around the table and saw everyone staring at her. She was about to ask when tej finally spoke up. " anokhi khana khao, khate waqt yahan koi baat nhi karta hai"  and that shocked anokhi again, what is this family ughhh kaha phans gai hoon main PS aap tou mujhai baad main millein. "par bade papa agar hum khane ki table par baat nhi karenge tou kab karenge apas main, iske baad ya isse pehle tou sab busy hote hai apne kaam main, koi saath bethta hi nhi hai" anokhi questioned and yet again tej sabherwal was speachless. Shaan was really enjoying this dinner, the family had finally someone who can question and force the changes in the foundations of sabherwal without creating a fight. Anokhi really is a debate champion. Shaurya has finally started to regret bringing in anokhi for dinner, he does not know what is he embarrassed of, anokhi questioning everything or he finally paying attention to the absurdities of the kind of traditions and rules that have always been followed here. Anokhi realized that tej sabherwal could not answer her and he did not want to embarass him so she did what she does best, change the topic.
"waise aapko pata hai bade papa, us din na main internet par SIAC ka article parh rahi thi, shayad apne koi interview diya tha abhi, I was really impressed with the startagies that you used in improving the education system at SIAC and becoming a role model for other colleges." anokhi said and thats when the conversation between tej and anokhi started which definetly was a sight to sore eyes. You donot see this often, tej sbaherwal conversing with a student , he never did it with the daughters of the house, but they didnt even try. The entire table became lively, even shaan, alok and shaurya joined in the conversation discussing the strategies and all the pros and cons, anokhi really did put some valid points out there and they all voluntarily argued on whether it should be included or not. The ladies were shocked, men of sabherwal house never talked buisness, but it really was a welcoming gesture to finally have some family time, when again anokhi diverted the conversation so as to include the ladies. "Waise badi maa, gaytri aunty and kanchan di aapko na mera salute hai, like really big salute in handling the sabherwal men. It really is not easy task and badi maa aapko tou bada wala, aap sab se bari hai and then you handling all of them I cant even imagine. Mujhse tou aapka ek yai beta hi nhi sambhalta hai! I am definetly taking tips from you ladies." anokhi said dramatically. Devi really was not expecting this and shaurya looked offended." mujhai kyun le aati ho har cheez main. Kiya bigara hai main nai. Axha khasa hoo, sunta bhi hoon tumhari. " shaurya said like child who was really offended when not acknowledged for his good acts. " wo tou main aapko nhi aapki badi maa ko batao gi, phir wo aapko seedha karegi, aur khair abhi main aapse nhi badi maa se baat kar rhi hoo isiliyai shush" anokhi said and kept a finger on her mouth. Shaurya gaped at her  while the family members again looked her amusingly. Shaan really was having the time of his life seeing his son being shushed around by his cute little wifey.
"Badi ma aap na mujhai tips de hi dejiyga to handle this sabherwal . Arey bebo kitty bataya nhi aapne ecnomics kai quiz ki tayari hogai hai" anokhi again diverted the convesation. Its like she can't talk on one topic for more than few minutes. Kitty and bebo still in daze as to what have been happening on the dining table replied with a no. "waise no offense bade papa, but abhi kai jo ecnomics teacher hai na unka tou mujhai samjh hi nhi aata hai kai wo kiya parhati hai. Itni mehnat mujhai alag se karni parti hai. Teen din se parh rahi ho lekin majal hai jo mujhai wo topic samjh aajai. PS waqai bht axha parhate the, sab concepts clear." anokhi tuned and complained to bade papa as if she has been doing it for ages. Shaurya had a proud look on his face, his wife finally appreciated him but the very next second it was thrown of." ab aap chane kai jhar par na charh jaiyaiga, wo tou aapki replacemnet aisi hai isiliyai keh rhi. Agar aapki replacemnet achi hoti na tou aisa nhi kehti so wapis aajai zameen par" anokhi adressed shaurya and he was back at gaping his wifes audacity. No one has ever said that to his teaching method but here we have anokhi.
The entire table for the very first time in sabherwal house enjoyed the dinner to the fullest and no one was in hurry to go to their room. Anokhi has managed to grab everybody's attention and included eveyone in the conversation. Devi liked this dinner a little better. It has brought the family together.

Thankyou all for the response on the first part, I am really overwhelmed with the comments. Hope you like this as well.
Please vote and comment.
.
.
.
.
.
#firefly_freed

Family Ties_ A Shaurya And Anokhi Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें