Chapter 1455

Matt's POV:
After making me and Gabby some breakfast, I carried it to the living room to give it to Gabby. "Hey, I am going to go start the training seminar okay? The faster I get it done, then the sooner we can get to work on actually being arson investigators." Gabby nodded and agreed when I said that. I then went to walk away to the bedroom where me and Gabby were going to be working. Sitting on the bed, I then went to grab my laptop and turned it on. I decided to just sit on the bed since it was the most comfortable place to work there.

Once it was on, I looked at it and smiled since my background was a picture of the three of us. And eventually, it was going to be a picture of the four of us. Just by the fact that I had this as my background picture...I am positive that everybody could easily tell how proud and in love with my family I am. And that was the truth. I couldn't be happier with the fact that I am Matteo's father and Gabby's husband. This was our dream life and I wouldn't ever change a thing. Now, to get onto the website. Stop distracting yourself man.

Logging onto the CFD's VPN, I went to check my e-mail which gave me information on how to access whatever I needed to work. Clicking on the link that Boden sent me, I then made my way onto the OFI website for staff to access remotely during the pandemic. I then sighed because I just had to find my credentials. Gabby probably saved them somewhere so I decided to call her. "Hey Gabby, what are the credentials I have to use for the OFI Database?" Gabby then laughed from the living room. "Same as your work e-mail Matt."

I agreed and then proceeded to log into the website so that I could get to work. That's when I finally got on and looked at the dashboard that I had. I then went to click on the link that said 'OFI Orientation' and decided to follow the cues that would teach me how to do my job. And even though me and Gabby had worked on a case previously while she was pregnant with our first child, this was going to be different. This time, I would be required to type the reports up myself rather than just help Gabby with the investigation.

Starting the orientation, I then looked at what was expected of me as an Arson Investigator at the Office of Fire Investigation. Obviously they hadn't updated the training since the pandemic began considering the fact that it still mentioned stuff we had to do while we were on scene rather than just from home. However, I thought maybe I could skip through that part considering we weren't going on the scene anytime soon. That's when Gabby came in and looked at me. "You better go through all of it. Even the scene stuff. That's required."

I then looked at her a bit confused. "Why Gabby, not like we are going on scene anytime soon?" Gabby nodded and agreed when I said that before reminding me of something. "Who knows whether they will send us to one when we are through this stuff though Matt? I want you to be ready and not have to go through more training when we get the all clear to return to Chicago." I nodded and agreed with her, deciding to just do it considering I knew it would stress Gabby out of I didn't do it. "I'm doing it all, I promise." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to grab her laptop. 

"Hey, just curious...who's watching Matteo right now?" Gabby smiled when I said that. "Erin and Jay are just having breakfast and they want Olivia to get used to being around other babies. So, they are currently doing it while they are eating. Thought I would help you get through this faster so that you could help me on the case I got sent. I don't have to go through the training considering I've previously worked at OFI." I nodded and agreed. "Not that it's really that hard. It's mostly instructions and I am positive I can go back and look at it anytime." 

Gabby nodded and agreed. "You can but, it's not practical when you are in the middle of an investigation. However, you have me so that shouldn't be a problem." Turning to look at her, I wrapped my arm around her and smiled. "We have each other forever." Gabby smiled when I said that before turning her head and moving to kiss me softly. "Have I told you how crazy I am for you recently?" I smiled and nodded while looking at her. "God, you are going to drive me crazy and distract me while we are working here aren't you?"