Chapter 1482

Hank's POV: When Erin brought up Olive, I sighed considering we recently had a falling out. I just didn't want to bring Erin into out. Olive is just pissed that Daniel might be at risk because of this situation and she's mad that I am taking their side and trying to protect them more rather than protecting my blood relatives. "I would rather not get into that Erin, we had a falling out lately." Erin then sighed and looked at me. "What happened Hank?" I just shook my head. "We are not talking about it and that's final." Erin then backed off and I sighed. "Sorry, just frustrating."

Erin nodded and seemed to understand but, I knew that she really wanted to ask me more questions about what was going on. "She doesn't like that I am spending more time protecting you guys and less time protecting her and Daniel, my blood relatives." Erin then sighed when I said that and just shook her head. "Well, glad to know where I fit in the family now. I wonder what else she thinks of me." I sighed when she said that before looking at Olivia. "Listen, can we just not speak about this. I am trying to protect you guys and that is not going to change okay?"

Erin nodded and agreed. "When we get back, I am going to have some serious words with Olive. I don't care if I am not your biological family...I am your legal daughter and that's all that matters. Anyways, it's not like you really have a choice but to protect me. The CPD always protects it's own when it comes to threats. So, it just so happens that I am your daughter. That's the only difference in this case and she is going to have to live with that." That's when I saw Benson come into the cabin. "Sorry if I am intruding. I started to get hungry. Saw Fajitas were being made."

I laughed when she said that. "Believe me Benson, you are never intruding. In fact, take a seat next to Hank. It's time for you to get some one-on-one time with your namesake!" Benson nodded and agreed when Erin realized that Hank has been wanting to hold Olivia for a while. "Hank, here...come grab this girl now that you've washed your hands." I then nodded and agreed as I went to grab my granddaughter. "And share with Benson once she's washed her hands!" Benson then laughed. "Already done upstairs. Jay made sure of it before I came down."

Erin smiled when she said that before nodding. "So, how's New York City one year later? Are you guys having a spike?" Benson shook her head when Erin asked that. "Actually, it's much better this time around. Yet, we are still being protected. I am just glad I already got vaccinated. Still wearing my mask though when I am on planes." Erin nodded and agreed. "But not on the bus?" Olivia shook her head when she asked that. "No but, can we not speak about the bus right now...I am still not happy with what Rollins said. She actually said she sees us working out Hank."

I then looked at her and laughed. "I know right, hilarious!" I then shook my head. "That's not why I'm laughing. I'm laughing because Erin literally just said the same exact thing when we first got down here." Benson then looked at Erin. "You seriously think that me and him could work? Erin, it would be horrible. Think about the egos involved and the power dynamics. You really think that I am going to be able to let him take control of our relationship sometimes?" Erin then glared at me. "No, and neither will he. Heck, he still tries to butt into my marriage sometimes."

I then put my hands up and sighed. "Hey, if it's in public...the peanut gallery is allowed to comment on any problems you have whenever they want to." Erin then sighed and looked at me. "Yeah, except when it deals with the things you never speak about with your daughter. Most importantly, her sex life! Sorry but, that's way too far sometimes. In fact, it's the one reason why Jay never brings it up at work." Benson then stared at her and laughed. "Yeah, I totally get it. It's a little awkward having your father-in-law be there when you talk about it with your friends."

Erin smiled when Benson said that. "Listen, let's get off this. Now, I walk to talk about this investigation I heard about. Is Trump finally going down with the help of the Manhattan DA?" Olivia sighed when Erin said that. "No comment. I'm in a conflict of interest. Have other stuff I can't talk about." Me and Erin then both understood what she meant. She probably had cases that touch on him or his friends. That guy has always been up to no good. Just glad he's out of the white house and we have someone reasonable there. 

"However, I did want to talk to you about rumors there are going to be some switch ups at the NYPD?" Olivia then sighed. "We are looking at stuff to deal with the aftermath of the Black Lives Matter protests. We also have new police brutality policies and other stuff that we have put in place to help with racial inequality in the policing system. Let's just say that I am not ready for the protests again this summer. I am positive something is going to happen. Last year, a rape happened under the covers of a Black Lives Matter protest. Oh and another rape-murder." 

Erin shuttered when she said that. "That's horrible. But listen, maybe some better topics we can talk about. Olympics are coming up. Do you guys think they are going to happen with the new surge they have in Japan?" Erin was about to say something when Natalie came downstairs. "My bet is that they are not going to happen at all this year." Turning to look at her, I smiled when she came down for a visit. "Hey Nat." Natalie then looked at Olivia. "Who's this?" Benson then got up and smiled. "NYPD Captain Olivia Benson, Special Victims Unit."