Was it a surprise? Hidan

Many thanks to Animanivea for helping me out with editing and making it less cringe 😊

Neran was in the kitchen cooking noodles. It was probably the most boring day in her life. She was waiting for leader-sama, hoping for a new mission. Almost all of the Akatsuki members were on missions except for Konan, Orochimaru, Neran and her partner Hidan. She never thought things would turn out this way after she first met him. Hidan didn't give her time to introduce herself, he just started yelling straight away.
"Look, Jashin-sama! What a brat! I feel sorry for the one who will have to babysit her." Hidan laughed as he tried to pat Neran's forehead, but she was faster. Zetsu told her already this dickhead is immortal, so she stabbed his chest staring straight into his eyes. With a calm, cold voice she said
"Do not underestimate me you fucking dumbass" but she doubted he noticed. The disgusting pleasure of agony was painted all over his face.
"You're the worst," she said. They have been inseparable since then. Best partners in the squad and best friends.

"Hey slut, can I have some of your noodles?" Hidan's voice made her jump.
"Here you go, let me just sprinkle on some arsenic and enjoy, baby" she winked. He elbowed her and took his portion. She scraped the leftovers off the pan onto her plate.
"How about drinking tonight?" Hidan grumbled.
"Sounds good," she said as she sat on the couch opposite of Hidan.
"Where do you want to go?" She mumbled with a mouthful of noodles.
"You choose, it's your birthday after all. I can't believe you're 20 already! You look like 16...". She swallowed and said,
"Isn't it better for you?" Hidan made a dumb face, so she continued.
"We're always together, even in our free time. People around can only be jealous about that juicy 'teenage' girl sticking to you." Neran put her plate on the coffee table on the right. She knelt over her partner on all fours.
"But I'm only yours," she whispered in a tempting voice. He jumped out of the couch and they both burst into laughter.
"Don't do it ever again, bitch! It's too awkward!"
"You should've seen your stupid face! You thought I was serious!" Neran cackled.

He smiled weirdly and threw a pillow hitting her head.
"Come to my room, shithead, I have something for you." he said, changing the subject and disappearing behind the door. Curious, she followed him. When they entered the small, dark room where they spent hours talking, drinking, playing board games and having fun, Hidan turned the light on.
"Happy fucking birthday!" with a rakish smile he handed Neran a little package. She looked up at his face and grinned.
"You didn't have to..." she carefully opened the box and went speechless.

There was a necklace identical to Hidan's.
"I can't take it Hidan."
"Don't you fucking like it?" He asked, disappointment on his face was clear.
"I do, I-I really do but I'm not a jashinist. I don't want to blasphe-"
"-Bitch, you're the only one who has never offended Jashin-sama. You always showed respect to my religion, so Lord Jashin is surely ok with that. There's no need for you to become a jashinist to wear it. You've already proved you deserve respect from Jashin-sama."
She couldn't say a word. Hidan wasn't often kind and polite like this and definitely never sentimental. A single tear escaped her eye.
"I couldn't imagine a better gift than your little speech, jerk." Neran hugged him tightly.
"Thank you for the necklace. Can you help me put it on?"
He rolled his eyes. "If it will stop you from embarrassing yourself and crying like a loser..."

They both chuckled and faced the mirror. When Neran pulled her hair on the side Hidan fastened the necklace. He caught her gaze in the mirror.
"It suits you"
"Thank you"
"But now go and wear some slutty skirt because tonight we're going out to drink and act like whores!" he winked.
"Your wish is my command Hidan-Senpai," she said playfully. He froze.
"W-what did you say?"
"I said,'' Neran turned to face him and slipped a finger across his chest,
"Your wish is my command Hidan-Senpai."