White.

Walking home from school wasn't as beautiful as before. Back then the trees glowed green and the flowers shined red. The streets busy with cars and the sidewalks full of happy children.

As she looks up at the sky, it's gray and bland, in the distance dark angry clouds are forming. Every once in a while the pale blue sky would try to peek through, trying to make her smile.

Sigh after sigh she continues her walk home, keeping her eyes trained forward.

Out of the corner of her eye something glimmers. A butterfly softly floating from flower to flower. Out of all the blank gray things around her, the butterfly shines the brightest.

She sits down on a bench near the garden and watches the butterfly.
—-
"C'mon let's sit here." He tells her, pulling her hand towards the bench.

They sit and enjoy the view of the lush green garden and colorful flowers. Holding hands and drinking smoothies. The sun is shining and sky is full of blue.

Monia looks over at him and her heart flips and jumps.

He catches her watching him and smiles, "hey," he says. She smiles back in response.

"I love you" he says to her.

Liar, she thinks to herself as she stands up from the beach that held many memories and continues her path home.

His words were anything but pure and

White.