10

Those two weeks remaining to finish rebuilding the home of our brown-haired protagonist passed so slowly that it seemed like torture. Walter asked Lance for time to talk a few days before, after all, they were friends and they told each other such things. He asked him to speak in his workshop, he would feel more comfortable speaking in his environment.

- Is everything in order, Walt? - questioned the brunette, entering the place followed by the lowest.

- Yeah, just, it's a matter with Killian. – he commented, hearing the black-haired name, Lance frowned as he stopped his steps and crossed his arms.

-Did he do you or did he say something bad?

-          No! It's just that the assigned therapist and Principal Jenkins agreed that he is now ready to reintegrate into society.

- Will they just let him go free like that? – he took a step forward.

-             Let me finish. They also said that I could help him with going back to the world, that with my house finished he could… move in with me…

The brunette played nervously with his hands, waiting for a response from his partner, he knew that his friend did not like Mr. McFord, but he had noticed improvements in his behavior with respect to him and he had hopes that they could get along one day .

The brunette rubbed his brow trying to assimilate the information they had given him.

- So… are you going to sleep under the same roof? – the older one tried to be understanding.

-             Yes. He will have a room of his own, they said they would put a house arrest anklet on him and give me a panic button in case something happens. But I know that Mr. McFord would do nothing to harm me.

The other just kept silent.

- Lance, I'm not asking for the moon, just support me and don't judge Tristan. – the aforementioned nodded silently and looked up.

- I will, Walter. You know you can count on me for everything.

The youngest's eyes seemed to shine, he jumped up with a huge smile, he went straight to the older one to wrap his arms around him. Lance returned the hug and smiled too.

The youngest parted from the hug suddenly, as if he had remembered something.

- I must tell Mr. McFord, I must ask him what kind of furniture he wants.

The boy held the opponent's hand with a smile before running to the cell to give the news to his other friend.

Lance felt somewhat abandoned, as Walter was always busy with the man, but he understood that he would do something good for both of them and that's his style.

The day of the move had arrived, Walter had already prepared everything in his house a week before so that the older one felt at home when he arrived, the paintings and the commemorations of his mother were hanging on the wall where they used to be, as if never they would have been missing.

The boy anxiously awaited the arrival of the man, every so often he moved an adornment from place, arranged the sofa cushions and changed minute details. Despite practically rebuilding the house, he still had that homely and familiar air. Grandma's house, so to speak.

The doorbell took him out of his thoughts, he hurriedly walked to the door, before opening it he arranged his clothes.

When he opened it he met Marcy, who smiled at him as did the boy. The two had started a beautiful friendship after what happened, they exchanged a few words when the boy noticed that a tinted, totally black car was parked in his street. The back door opened and the man he was going to live with came out.

He walked to the porch and stood next to the woman, she looked at him with some suspicion and then turned to Walter with a smile, they said goodbye to her and the brunette returned to the vehicle.

The brunette smiled at the older man and gestured for him to come to his house. He could tell that the electric ankle brace was activated as soon as the foot where he was wearing it crossed the threshold. He also realized that he wasn't wearing anything on top of him, just his very person and the clothes from his cell.

- I'm glad you're free. – he said with a smile as he closed the front door.

-             Me too. Your friend told me that she would talk to you before I come downstairs, it seems she didn't want to be seen with her. - the chestnut laughed.

- Don't worry, you'll get along. Now, follow me, I want to show you your room – Walter began to walk through the house, followed by the older one.

They crossed a corridor, the blue-eyed man indicating where the bathroom was. They reached a door, the minor opened it revealing a large room with a dark wooden floor, a large bed perfectly arranged with wine-colored sheets, next to this a bedside table with a lamp. A dresser, a closet and a television on the wall.

-          I asked them to buy you some clothes, if you want something else, just ask for it. A rug, books, whatever. My room is the door in front of yours, if you need anything, feel free to call me. If you want to take a bath there is no problem, or if you are hungry you can go to the kitchen. The agency gave me some free time to accompany you, so I will always be here. - Lovey settled on his head when the boy finished speaking.

Tristan stared at the place in wonder, no one had been this good to him in a long time. He smiled with a teary eye, nodded and thanked the boy. Not only for his words but also for not losing hope with him.

- I'll leave you to settle down, I'll be in the living room.

The boy closed the door behind him, leaving the man alone. He noticed a mirror on the dresser, he saw himself in it. He straightened his hair. He looked down at his metal prosthesis. He took the mirror and put it inside one of the drawers. Maybe he was happy with his inner self, but not with the outer one.