Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Renesmee’s POV

Age 7 humans years (looks and acts 17)

I twirled through the mist and the rain which brushed on my skin and clung onto my warmth. Lightning enlightened the sky sending its tearful drops with it and the thunder only made my hearing clearer as the clouds grumbled down at me. My father and mother stood from above taking it all in, each other, their surroundings and even me while I giggled through the puddles of water like a little girl, the little girl I would always be.

I heard my mom’s voice stutter out across the sky whispering to my dad, “She’s so radiant, she makes it look impossible.”

In my mind, I grinned knowing I was nothing in beauty compared to my mom, with her silk skin which dazzled at the tiniest blotches of light and dark wavy locks of hair which only added to her beauty. I know my dad was reading my mind and I caught a glimpse of his chuckle, as he and my mom still overlooked me.

That’s when I heard it, the distinct sound behind the rumbling of the sky the sweet scent that overpowered the natural enriching smell of the rain, his beauty over shone the world itself.

“Nessie!” He smiled his crooked smile jogging up to me briskly in the calming rain.

“Jacob,” I lightened up at the sound and smell and sight of him, my best friend. He grabbed me, lifting my feet off the ground and quickly spinning me in the air, I looked up taking in the droplets of water that flew one after the other from the sky as though they were waiting their place in line. The rumbling only stopped at this instant while the light flicker of lightning burst across the sky. Pulling me back down, Jacob’s face was astonishing like I had never seen him so excited in his life.

“How are you? I feel like it’s been forever since we’ve talked,” I smiled, Jake had been on a small trip with the wolves just in Canada for fun. It was only three days, and we did skype but it felt like years since we last saw each other. “How was the trip?”

“It was pretty good, but it would have been perfect with you,” Jake stared at me and this moment felt different from all the others that we had shared. His tone was serious and loving and every inch of him made my stomach do back flips over and over.

My face was to the floor as I brushed back some hair feeling myself blush. The tiny flame that lit up inside my cheeks grew to my whole face as Jake clutched my hand in his, and it was as though our hands were puzzle pieces entwined perfectly to each other.

“Esme has made you dinner, love,” Edward said from the porch of the house. Jake and I turned to each other, both of us with the same curious look in our eyes I could just feel it.

“Race ya,” he whispered and in that exact instant we both started, dashing like the speed of light to the kitchen, but since Jacob wasn’t in his wolf form, I beat him by a long shot.

When I arrived through the kitchen door, I yawned as Jacob made his way and I couldn’t help but laugh at him. “Oh please,” he tried to say with a straight face but it was no use, he broke in laughing to the sound of my sarcasm and Esme handed us our plates.