Chapter 10

The sky was too beautiful today, with huge masses of clouds spread across the sea of blue in a unique pattern that seem to change for every single second that passed. Not trying to, but also not failing to mesmerize those who look up at them.

The blare of the horns overlaped by faint chirping of birds took over his eardrums as he stood inside the shop illuminated by a faint glow of elegant yellow.

“How about this one sir?” He glanced at the ring placed before him. It was beautiful. A huge diamond in the middle split the sunlight into it’s seven colours which then passed on to the smaller diamonds around it. The platinum enclosing it didn’t fail to add up it’s beauty.

But all it had was beauty and he felt like it missed something. Some trait that he just couldn’t place his finger on.

He glanced his way toward the rings at the back when something caught his eye, making him turn immediately.

“Can you please show me that ring from the second row?” he asked polietly, pointing towards a ring that sparkled with just the right amount of glow.

“Sure sir” the helper took the said ring and handed it to Taehyung who examined it with awe.

His breath hitched seeing how the platinum band held onto the emerald stone firmly, but also with care, as if it was afraid to loose something precious.

He can feel it, the soul that was poured in to make this masterpiece come to life. Green always looked beautiful on Yuna and he could only imagine how gorgeous this ring would look on her.

“So, are you finally going to propose her?” asked Jimin, who had accompanied him to the jewellery store.

“Yeah, I don’t think I can wait anymore after all these years. I want this ring to voice out our special bond. I want to spoil her more and more with my love. I will take care of her and protect her as she is my world.” He looked fondly at the box that now housed the ring he had bought for her.

“Whoa man, save these lines for the proposal” Jimin chuckled, but was already feeling proud of Tae for finally taking the initiative to a promising relationship.

Taehyung smacked Jimin’s arm playfully and made his way towards the cab. Once inside, he took out his phone, immediately finding Yuna’s number listed in his favorite contacts along with Jimin’s.

He felt uneasiness settle in his heart as the call failed to complete but he brushed it off telling himself that she might be busy with her university works.

“Is everything alright?” Jimin turned to Taehyung after he noticed the disturbed expression that had settled itself in his friend’s features.

“Yeah, I guess she is busy. I’ll surprise her by visiting her hostel this evening.”

He took a deep breath and smiled to himself thinking of the beautiful events to occur soon. He would go down his knee and take her hand into his, kissing it softly, and finally place the ring on its destined place. He just wants to slide the ring on her finger, intertwine his hands with hers and stay just like that forever, even when his heart stops pumping blood.

He was torn away from his thoughts by the vibration from Jimin’s phone, a caller ID flashed on it’s screen.

Mr. Kim

The smile on his face immediately fell to be replaced by a frown. Their eyes met, the clench in their hearts for the posibility of another victim of the serial killer made them take in shallow breaths.

Jimin raised his phone to his ear, leaning a little into it. “Yes detective” his voice came out strained than he wanted it to.

Taehyung lips parted with worry as Jimin’s eyes widened in terror.

“W-We will be there in ten.” he said, hanging up.

His chest heaved as he took in deep breaths, feeling it too difficult to injest whatever information he had got from the call.

Taehyung placed his hand on the other’s, a little shocked at the sudden loss of warmth from the other’s hand. “Is something wrong Jimin?”

It seemed as if Jimin realized Tae’s presence, only after he heard his voice. He suddenly turned around and clasped both of Tae’s hands into his, staring right into his eyes.

“Tae.. Yuna..” The mention of Yuna’s name at this odd moment made Taehyung’s heart skip a beat. All kinds of worse scenarios took up his mind even though he refused to think about them.

He felt Jimin’s grasp tighten around his hands as he uttered the rest of the sentence.

“Yuna is missing, Tae”

Taehyung stared at his friend, his brain taking too long to interpret the information.

“Wha- No th-this is just a misunderstanding. She- she was at her friend’s party yesterday right? She might just be staying at her friend’s place for the night. Yeah, she must be staying at her friend’s home.”

“Tae-” Jimin held the brunet close to him as tears started to fall from the other’s eyes, paradoxical to his thought of it being a misunderstanding.

“N-no Jimin, let’s check her friend’s home first. Please.” he pleaded, his face already scrunching up and lips pulled down as the sobs intensified.

“Tae, it was actually her friend who reported her missing.”

Taehyung immediately broke in Jimin’s arms, his chest throbbed from the sobs he held earlier, now breaking free. The ring felt too heavy in his grasp.

Jimin closed his eyes, trying not to break down so he can support his friend in this weak state.

They arrived at the station as promised and it didn’t take long for Namjoon to rush towards them.

He stopped as he saw Taehyung clutching onto Jimin, his eyes already red from all the crying. Namjoon silently lead them into his office and offered a glass of water for Taehyung.

He glanced at Jimin who nodded for him to start explaining.

“Yuna..” Namjoon stopped, seeing Taehyung flinch painfully.

He continued “I think you know about her friend’s party last night.” Jimin gave a slight nod as Tae refused to respond, his eyes wandering on the floor.

“She didn’t return to her hostel after the party. Seems like she left the party early and was not seen after that. Her phone couldn’t be reached after a certain point. The area has no CCTV so I had Hoseok go and see if there were anything caught in any of the blackboxes of the cars parked there.” Namjoon paused, glacing at Taehyung whose gaze seemed to be off this world.

“I too hope it’s nothing serious doc” he finished.

Just then the door to his office banged open, revealing a panting Hoseok holding a pendrive in his hand.

“Namjoon we got a blackbox footage!” he shouted, not realizing the presence of the two men sitting before Namjoon.

A/n

Hey everyone. I’m really sorry for not updating for so long. I went to college for two months hoping to complete the exam once and for all but they decided to postpond the exam even further.

So here I am stuck in my life. The past few months was very hectic as the second wave hit us. We had to be really carefull with the rising cases.

But now I guess I can update this till my exams are announced.

I’m really sorry guys. I too missed writing. This is my only alternate world where I do what I love and I missed it a lot.

And you can expect usual updates from now on.

Stay safe everyone. Borahae.