Chapter 8: Ombra

Grace bit her lip as she stared at the ring in front of her

Is it wrong if I don't wear it? She asked herself. But then again, Jaehyun doesn't wear it.

The door opened as Grace quickly picked the engagement ring up, hiding it in her fist. She gave her brother a small smile as he walked in, ruffling his hair.

"How was the fitting?" Grace asked, placing her hands in her lap.

"It was good." Mark said, sitting down across from her. The second his eyes met hers, she knew he could see right through her. "Are you coordinating outfits with Jaehyun?"

"No, we're just going to stick to our own realms." Grace told him. "Easier that way. I don't want them messing up my measurements."

"Fair." Mark said, nodding his head.

"How's Jisun?" Grace asked, hoping that would take the attention off her.

"She's good. Why are you asking though? You never really cared."

Dammit.

"Well maybe I should." Grace told him. "Get some relationship advice, you know."

Mark shook his head, clearly disagreeing with her. "We're not the best couple. We're both the heirs to the throne, there's no way that this will go well."

Grace sighed, understanding Mark's pain. She didn't know what was better, being in love with someone you couldn't be with or being with someone you weren't in love with.

"How did we get into this mess?"

...

"You're going to get caught one day."

Rosa watched as Ten ignored her, shrugging his shoulders as he settled on the couch, watching Sungchan get fitted into his jacket.

"That day is not today so it doesn't matter." Ten replied, leaning back. "Sungchan, you look good!"

"Thanks hyung." Sungchan replied but Rosa wasn't done with him.

"Ten, can you think logically for once in your life?" Rosa hissed. "What are you going to do when the King finds out?"

"That's if he finds out." Ten said, reaching over and pouring himself a drink. He glanced at Rosa but she shook her head. "He's more concerned about mending relations with the light realms, sending his daughter off to Feu, and finding a wife for his son."

Rosa narrowed her eyes as Ten smirked. "No."

"Oh come on, don't you think Mark is cute?" Ten teased as Sungchan joined them.

"My sister and Mark? That's disgusting." Sungchan said, his face scrunching up.

"For once I agree with you." Rosa mumbled before turning back to Ten. "That's like dating a younger brother. There's plenty of worthy women in the dark realms, I'm sure the King can find someone for Mark."

"Maybe." Ten said, shrugging as he casually sipped his drink. "But even if he did, it's no use. Mark has his eyes on one girl and one girl only. Trying to find someone else isn't even part of the question."

"It must suck to be them." Sungchan suddenly blurted out. He put his hands up defensively as the two snapped their heads towards him. "What? Mark is dating someone he can't be with and Grace is engaged to Jaehyun and neither of them even want to be together. I wouldn't want to be in either of those situations."

"That's fair." Rosa mumbled, agreeing with her younger brother.

Ten didn't seem too bothered though, swirling the liquid in his glass.

"Oh you think that's bad? Wait until you see the disaster that will unfold at the Summer Solstice Ball."

———————————————————————————

- Age: 24- Realm: Ombra- Vare: Black Amethyst Ring- Noble, resides in the Ombra castle- Cold and straightforward- Only nice to people she's close to

- Age: 24
- Realm: Ombra
- Vare: Black Amethyst Ring
- Noble, resides in the Ombra castle
- Cold and straightforward
- Only nice to people she's close to

- Age: 24- Realm: Ombra- Vare: Black Amethyst Ring- Noble, resides in the Ombra castle- Cold and straightforward- Only nice to people she's close to

- Age: 20
- Realm: Ombra
- Vare: Black Diamond Ring
- Noble, resides in the Ombra Castle
- Very intimidating in battle

- Age: 25- Realm: Ombra- Vare: Amethyst Necklace- Nobel, resides in the Ombra castle- Mischievous- Skilled fighter

- Age: 25
- Realm: Ombra
- Vare: Amethyst Necklace
- Nobel, resides in the Ombra castle
- Mischievous
- Skilled fighter

———————————————————————————

hehe i'll give you all the title of the next act :)