Chapter 1: The Informant

So many flowers, Grace thought as she stared at the options in front of her

So many flowers, Grace thought as she stared at the options in front of her. One of the servants had dropped them off earlier that day, and she had already spent a few hours in their study looking at them.

Grace looked up as the door opened and Mark stepped in, heading to his side of the study. Judging by how stressed he looked, he had probably just finished some paper work with their father, the King.

"You're still in here?" Mark asked as he placed some folders down on his desk, glancing over at her.

Grace sighed, putting the pictures in her hand down. "You know, for the realm of darkness, we sure have a lot of options for wedding flowers."

Mark chuckled, shaking his head as he moved to where his sister was. "Planning your wedding?"

"Just because the ball was last night doesn't mean I get a break." Grace said, giving her brother a small smile. "How was your time with father?"

"Same as it usually is." Mark said, taking a seat on Grace's desk. "Be lucky you're not the heir to the throne, it's brutal."

"Right, because marrying someone I'm not even the least bit attracted to is so much better." Grace said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, Jaehyun's good looking!" Mark argued.

"He's been a selfish prick since we were kids and that hasn't changed." Grace replied, leaning back and crossing her arms. "I feel like I'm marrying a child."

"I'm sure you'll learn to live with him." Mark said, hoping to reassure his sister.

"Yeah, like how you'll learn to love someone that isn't Jisun." Grace muttered under her breath.

She looked away as Mark stood up, knowing that he had heard her words. He took a few steps away from her, exhaling deeply. "When's the wedding?"

"In a few months." Grace told him, peering down at the pictures again. "Why?"

"Guess I better get used to not having you around." Mark simply said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Mark made his way out of the study, the dorm slamming behind him. Grace flinched at the sound, taking a deep breath before turning back down to flower options in front of her.