Chapter Six

I-I didn’t know what to do!

SO YOU GOT HIM ARRESTED?!?!?

Amber's P.O.V

05 Hours Earlier…

Walking to the park was no piece of cake in these stilettos. Derek had taken the car to work which left me no choice but to go the old fashioned way, by foot. I was kind of glad he hadn’t seen me all dressed up or I’d have to face another one of the “my daughter” episodes from Derek. 

 I had borrowed Casey’s Canada Goose jacket because mine was nothing more than a thin coat. I still had to go buy one but nothing was on sale at the moment, and I’d feel bad if I used anymore of Derek’s money. Casey’s, may I say $800, jacket kept me quite warm but did no justice to my freezing legs in the chilly wind.

 As I arrived I realized that the park was almost completely empty, which figures, considering with the temperature outside, I wouldn’t be surprised if it snowed.

 I sat down on the bench putting my purse on top of my legs to keep my dress from flashing the few men jogging on the sidewalk.  I hadn’t realized how tired I was until now.

First, the whole shopping fiasco. Then at Chris’s house with him and Casey. The day just went by so fast, even though most of my day consisted of running away out of humiliation.

Before I knew it I dozed off, resting my head on the edge of the bench and when I woke up again, nearly an hour had passed by. I checked my phone’s screen twice, rubbing my eyes to make sure my eyes hadn’t deceived me.

 I had indeed sat in the cold for an hour for a guy that stood me up. Of course he did, what was I thinking? Why would anyone in their right mind want to go out with me, the school’s geek, nerd, pathetic loser?”

 I wasn’t going to let myself cry now, not over a guy who probably wasn’t even worth it. I’m stronger than that and better off alone anyways. My motto had always been “trust no one but yourself” and Its time I followed that.

I got up to leave, slinging my bag over my shoulder when a guy came into my line of vision. Dark curly hair, grey eyes, and muscular body.

The minute he came into sight, instantaneously my eyes began checking him out.  He wasn’t half bad, good looking, great body, besides the weird gigantic glasses, everything else was perfectly fine. Well, except for the fact that he came an hour late.

 I guess… I could give him a chance.

What stumps me is, why on earth he would want to go out on a blind date when he could clearly get any other girl. With a body like that, it wouldn’t be a shock to see girls drooling over him.

 He cleared his throat and I realized just how long I had been blindly staring at him. I blushed a crimson red and looked away.

I waited for him to speak, and when he did, OH DAMN!

“Heeeeeylo, my name is Inderpreet deepishner Sureen” .

”Inder…Inder who now? Ahaha I mean…nice to meet you”, I blurted flustered, quickly correcting myself.

His ridiculously thick Indian accent making his words incoherent.

 Come on Amber, stop being so shallow, so what if he has an accent, it’s the person within. Stop judging a book by its cover….though that doesn’t really work considering that his demeanor is so damn good.

 “Hi, I’m Amber”.

 I said as he squinted at me through the glasses.

 “Um… are you alright, can you see?”  I questioned skeptically, but he waved me off.